Things you can say here that you coudn't say on the MR forums..........

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Lixarto said:
    Fretwired said:

"Do you think some magazines take back-handers to write over positive reviews of products made by those who advertise in them?"

and

"Does anyone actually know of a single person who has won a PRS and Mesa Mark V in the monthly competition?".

I don't think there are any really poor products these days. That said the Fender, Gibson, PRS, Line 6, Blackstar, Marshall product reviews were always favourable as not only did these companies advertise in Guitarist but they endorsed the mag by reprinting positive reviews and placing the star ratings logo on their website [with a link] thus pushing visitors to the MR website which in turn earned more revenue from online adverts. And the mutual back scratching was extended to Facebook. Don't you just love social media ....

That's Capitalism for you.
    Can't argue but then I've never been in favour of rampant capitalism. Some what also say it's the Americanisation of the world ... what do you need A-bombs for when you have Apple, Fender, Gibson, Google, McDonalds, Coca Cola, GAP and Khardashians ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You missed, Coca-Cola and Disney

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861
    besides, the khardashians were pussies until the Dominion came along.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Skipped said:
    Did anyone see the recent issue of Guitarist where they reviewed a 2013 Historic (R9) Les Paul and changed the pickups to Bare Knuckles before they took the photographs?

I wonder what Gibson thought about that?  :-O

:-O 
    I did, and I noted the £4K guitar - which as you say benefited from a post-market pickup upgrade! - was given 4.5 out of 5 for "value for money"...which I admit is subjective, but still...

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    mike_l said:
    Myranda said:
    Reverend said:
    Presumably MR is not returning?
    What do you mean? It's only been a week!
    Have you been thinking about Ms Jolie a lot recently? I do, I can lose 10 weeks doing that too...........

Fretwired said:

Myranda said:
    Reverend said:
    What do you mean? It's only been a week!
    You're not on a whiskey diet are you? I lost three months last time I was on one .... *

* copyright the late great Tommy Cooper.

"Last week on the 19th July 2013 we discovered that PC Gamer's vBulletin-powered forum had been the target of a malicious attack. Immediate action was taken to shut the forum which blocked the attack and we have since been thoroughly investigating the damage done and how this attack took place."

Last week! It only happened a week ago!
  • octatonic said:
    Reverend said:
    I emailed Will Groves, editor in chief, a few weeks ago and got the following response:

"Hi James, 

we definitely intend to get it back up and running, but it's taking (much) longer than we'd like.

Apologies for the inconvenience - as you can imagine we're pretty unhappy it;s taking this long too.

Cheers, Will"
    I think the admin team needs to reply...

"Hi Will,

Don't worry about it, we've got it covered.

By the way, we're launching a magazine next week....

TheFB"
    <space for hire>
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    That only really deserved half a lol but I've rounded it up for you :)

Thank you. :D

Mods, would there be anyway to adjust this for viz?  I don't mind owing him half a LOL if someone could note it! :)

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    I think the admin team needs to reply...

"Hi Will,

Don't worry about it, we've got it covered.

By the way, we're launching a magazine next week....

TheFB"

Gets a click on the button from me   :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    I just asked out of curiosity- I definitely prefer things here, but I wanted to know if they actually intended to get it back.
    I'm hoping we all boycott it.
  • octatonic said:
    I just asked out of curiosity- I definitely prefer things here, but I wanted to know if they actually intended to get it back.
    I'm hoping we all boycott it.

Except for going on there and telling everyone to come over here instead  :D
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    viz said:
    That only really deserved half a lol but I've rounded it up for you :)

Thank you. :D

Mods, would there be anyway to adjust this for viz?  I don't mind owing him half a LOL if someone could note it! :)

You get another half for that, rounded down obviously.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said
    "Last week on the 19th July 2013 we discovered that PC Gamer's vBulletin-powered forum had been the target of a malicious attack. Immediate action was taken to shut the forum which blocked the attack and we have since been thoroughly investigating the damage done and how this attack took place."

Last week! It only happened a week ago!
    I see the problem. MR has confused 1 week with 4 months.... :-S

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    But time has no boundaries or meaning where there is love........erm, well, it's as though they've never been away really thanks to the graft of the good founders of Fretboard.
    Any sense of community that was on Musicradar.com forums will have died - those who haven't found their way here are likely to have gone elsewhere... after 4 months I can't see many people still looking, so people are unlikely to go back
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If it ever does come back a new community will develop no doubt.
    But that's another community... not the same.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    When I was 14/15 I was heavily into the Serious Sam forums - even did a bunch of maps and some music for some user mods. I went back when I was 24 or so, and it was still there... totally different people though, and completely different vibe. I think a lot of how I interact on forums came from those early experiences on the Seriously! forums, as well as No Mutants Allowed and various IRC channels.

So if you think I'm a cunt, blame them!! :))
    If it ever does come back a new community will develop no doubt.

Yeah a shit community.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Can't believe I said that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If it ever does come back a new community will develop no doubt.

So are we thinking it may have been a cleansing measure by Future?  There we were thinking we were the cool kids and all the time we were in fact in some kinds of special needs holding forum.  Should have seen this coming! ~X(
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.