WTF is Pointless all about???

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    monofin said:
    Loved the title of the celeb version - "Pointless Celebrities"
    You get a pointless trophy as well.

As far as I can work out, it's a game show for existential nihilists.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    robwright said:
    So its Good Friday, its pissing down and I'm ill (either Ebola ...... or a very, very heavy cold!).

The telly is on and I'm watching 'Pointless' for the frst time. What the fuck is it all about?

They are currenyly thinking of words ending in 'ack' and seem to get points for wrong answers?

So, am I stupid or is it the most aptly named TV programme ever! I'm guessing that is kind of the point and it is meant to be ironic?

Maybe I'm too ill to get it?
    It's scored like golf, lower is better. To win at the end once you've eliminated your opponents you get three more questions and one answer must be pointless, the most obscure correct reply you can think of. It and only connect are probably the only game shows that are halfway interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Not a fan of the presenters Smug and Smugger.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654

Richard Osmon (spll? ) is an interesting chap. He has a rare eye condition and is almost functionally blind but still presents on telly and plays pro-celebrity darts.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24995
    EricTheWeary;583541" said:
    Richard Osmon (spll? ) is an interesting chap. He has a rare eye condition and is almost functionally blind but still presents on telly and plays pro-celebrity darts.
    That may well be a pointless answer!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    EricTheWeary;583541" said:
    That may well be a pointless answer!
    Not anymore.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554
    I quite like Pointless. It's that other show based around the 2p machines from the arcade that I can't see the appeal of.
  • beed84 said:
    Pointless is good, but I personally prefer The Chase.
    I enjoy the chase but that helmet of a presenter is unbearable. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    beed84 said:
    Pointless is good, but I personally prefer The Chase.
    I enjoy the chase but that helmet of a presenter is unbearable. 
    You don't like Bradley Walsh? What's the world coming to?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

I had no idea.

And I hate having to decide between The Chase and Pointless.
    My V key is broken
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    holnrew said:

I had no idea.

And I hate having to decide between The Chase and Pointless.
    I prefer The Chase. But it's marginal.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1817
    edited April 2015
    Double post
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    I'm a bit of a Pointless fan and weirdly I know 2 people who've been on it (not together).
    The idea of the show was apparently created by Richard Osman (whose also the brains behind various other Endemol shows). When he pitched it to the BBC he took the role of the 'laptop guy' and they said they'd only take it if he did that role on the actual show.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    When I was a kid in the 80s they used to put the flintstones on in that time slot. They were good days.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04v3840 Radio 4 interview were he talks about his nystagmus.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    I had no idea about Richard Osman's condition either. Well done him.

I like Pointless. The celebrity versions aren't that great IMO, except perhaps to reveal just how many celebs are clueless fuckwits.
    boogieman;584841" said:

I like Pointless. The celebrity versions aren't that great IMO, except perhaps to reveal just how many celebs are clueless fuckwits.
    I find it particularly amazing how little some of the musicians know about any other music.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 741
    Nystagmus?!

If you have to have a debilitating eye condition, why not have one that sounds like a Finnish Death Metal band!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    BigMonka said:
    boogieman;584841" said:

I find it particularly amazing how little some of the musicians know about any other music.
    Rick Wakeman was pretty good. Probably the only one I've seen. I don't go out of my way to watch any game show, though pointless, only connect and university challenge are watchable. As is 8 out of 10 cats does countdown.
    Visited my brother and his wife the other day and we ended up watching something called the edge, hosted by a Danny Devito lookalike. That was pointless.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Ken Bruce was good when he was on it, but his partner wasn't.
    My V key is broken