"Waiting for blahblah.com" and slow page loading.

2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Don't be daft Mike, I said civilisation!

Exactly, we don't want him, his unlaid laminate flooring, and ill-thought out boat salvages....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Emp_Fab said:
    Myranda said:
    I still like the re-install everything... 
    Oh, so do I.  However, it's my work laptop with Win7/64 that I don't have any disc for and I can't join it to the work domain as I don't have the required account permissions.
    Well I'm sure you can find a windows7 64bit OS on disk *cough* somewhere *uncough* It's even possible that there's an Enterprise copy floating around the interwebs that is good for installing to multiple computers on the same network in such a way that the automatic update system works fully.

As you already don't have network permissions there seems to be nothing to lose 
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Try Firefox.  ;)
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Mick said:
    Try Firefox.  ;)
    slowed up mrs berts PC by about 30%  - but Im sure thats purely down to all the "safety checks" its doing - which is what I suspect is happening with Emps  machine
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Ianpdq said:
    Ccleaner ?

+ 1 for ccleaner...
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    oh, if using chrome turn off the predict network action in adv settings
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24675
    That predict network action settings seems to have helped a lot.  Thanks.  I'll also have a bash at MQ's DNS suggestion.  And thanks for the offer Myranda, but... I can't risk it.  I have nothing to lose - but my job !  Being caught with pirated software on a company laptop is grounds for a severe bollocking at the very least.  I'm not going to risk my career progression over a slow browser ! :-)
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."