J Collingridge - a full report in progress.

What's Hot

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    edited October 2015
    heh - according to easily "jcollingridge.photography" is available :)

and

jcollingridge.camera, jcollingridge.consulting and jcollingridge.enterprises
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:
    there are loads of jcollingridge domains available - I wonder where the law stands in regard to buying a domain and just having a single page listing his misdemeanours ?

;)
    lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    It appears that JCon has been a busy boy - or a there are quite a lot more like him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/uk-crime-levels-soar-as-millions-of-cyber-crimes-included-for-first-time-a6694821.html

Official crime stats have now doubled because cyber crime is now being included.  At least the plod might start taking it a bit more seriously if it's now being recorded in crime stats.
  • crunchman said:
    It appears that JCon has been a busy boy - or a there are quite a lot more like him:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/uk-crime-levels-soar-as-millions-of-cyber-crimes-included-for-first-time-a6694821.html

Official crime stats have now doubled because cyber crime is now being included.  At least the plod might start taking it a bit more seriously if it's now being recorded in crime stats.
    I honestly don't think that the police will ever do anything about it unless some high ranking person got scammed.

Recently a woman here got conned out of £77k in an email scam where the fraudsters impersonated the solicitors who she was working with when selling her house.  The police and the banks involved have basically told her there's nothing they can do about it. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    edited October 2015
    I don't understand how Barclays can deny any responsibility on the NI case. How did the fraudsters just withdraw £77k immediately without any checks being done? If I've ever had to withdraw a large-ish sum from my bank, they seem to move heaven and earth to make it as difficult as frigging possible, all in the name of anti-fraud or money laundering measures. Also, their anti-fraud checks can't have been very thorough can they? Surely they must have some details of who set the account up too? I'd be chasing Barclays if it was me.
    Another thing. How did the fraudsters know the exact date and amount of the transaction to be able to get the woman to divert it? Inside job?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    crunchman said:

I honestly don't think that the police will ever do anything about it unless some high ranking person got scammed.

Recently a woman here got conned out of £77k in an email scam where the fraudsters impersonated the solicitors who she was working with when selling her house.  The police and the banks involved have basically told her there's nothing they can do about it. 

Going off-topic slightly I suppose... but how can the likes of Devi Ever set up hipster welfare patreon pages and get thousands of pounds each time, even though these people are confirmed scammers... and this poor woman gets a small shitty article on the beeb... just doesn't seem right that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @drew_fx Of course it isn't right. The complete lack of investigation into JCon isn't right. The Internet has been a serious part of people's lives now for over a decade. The first dot-com bubble was back in 1997-2000. Mosaic was released in 1993 and really opened up the WWW. So how the fuck has it taken so long for cyber crime to be included on official crime stats? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    edited October 2015
    The latest from the world of everyone's favourite snapper... 

The last two are recent additions. Google Analytics operating on each site so he is interested in his visitors. Laughable that he's still peddling the same old shit as before picturewise. 

I can't find the Basschat thread on Google where he posted as ChargedG in an attempt to incriminate this forum. I can find it as a page (here) but can't read it. Does anyone know if the Basschat mods removed the page after JCon got all lippy and made his usual legal threats? 

• I have only seen the same 15 pictures or so pictures from him.  

Hopefully Basschat mods didn't back down...
  • I can't find the Basschat thread on Google where he posted as ChargedG in an attempt to incriminate this forum. I can find it as a page (here) but can't read it. Does anyone know if the Basschat mods removed the page after JCon got all lippy and made his usual legal threats? 
    I hope not, because that post was a critical part of the evidence I sent to the coppers - rather, it's critical to JCon's assertion that TheFB's members are trying to raise a mob against him.

By the way...could you send all the digital stuff to the PC investigating it, please? Just had a message from him that he hasn't received anything yet.
    <space for hire>
    edited October 2015

@digitalscream He's had my name, telephone number, home address, and email address since the 22nd and I haven't heard a thing from him. Given that Collingridge supplied my details to the police, presumably alleging that I have been one of those folk harassing him, I would like to have PC Bevan lay down what is going on and what allegations have been coming out of the Collingridge mouth. 

Edit: I've emailed him. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27698
    My favourite thing in all this is that he clearly isn't a working photographer with a portfolio. He's a bloke with about 10 above-average shots, presumably taken within the space of about 15 minutes in a single tube station, and HDR-ed to fuck and back. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • danodano Frets: 1610
    I'm looking forward to the new Bond Film Spectre when it's released end of this month. There is a scene with all the master criminals sitting around the table, will jcon be one of them ?
  • ^
    It's more likely he'll be at the all you can eat Spectre buffet. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2015
    @digitalscream I'm going public with this because I'd like some views on it. 

I emailed PC Bevan yesterday with this message:

"Good afternoon,

I have been contacted by one of the moderators at the Fretboard forum regarding Mr Jonathan Collingridge. Could I have an appraisal of the situation please? I am fully aware that Mr Collingridge handed my details to the police after obtaining them through eBay, hence me being called from a Thames Valley number on the 22nd of September. Since then, I've heard absolutely nothing.

Thank you,

Andy"

I have just received this reply:

"I was just wondering what your dealings with him was thats all?

Pc 1380 BEVAN"  

Ignoring the obvious issues with the level of English employed, am I wrong for thinking this a completely unsatisfactory response? The police contacted me by telephone before they called Digitalscream on the 22nd of September. They were only able to contact me after JCon had gotten my details from eBay. PC Bevan left no message when he called me and has barely bothered to write anything here. As far as I see it, he is investigating me based on a complaint made by Collingridge and is being a tad obtuse.

I'd like to hear some alternate views as I realise I might just be pissy for no reason. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, he probably hasn't made the link between "you" as the person JCon's made the complaint about and "you" as the person with the file of info.

In my experience, unless you speak to them on the phone, TVP tend to be fairly terse via email; understandable, given that London coppers are probably busier than most and this kind of crime ranks below a lot of the stuff they have to deal with in terms of priorities.
    <space for hire>
  • Well, he probably hasn't made the link between "you" as the person JCon's made the complaint about and "you" as the person with the file of info.

In my experience, unless you speak to them on the phone, TVP tend to be fairly terse via email; understandable, given that London coppers are probably busier than most and this kind of crime ranks below a lot of the stuff they have to deal with in terms of priorities.
    You sent him an email announcing me as Andy Plowright. I've sent him an email as Andy Plowright. JCon gave him my details as Andy Plowright. If he can't make a connection there then we may have a problem! :D

• I have replied thus:

Dear Constable,

My dealings are thus:

-Between February and March 2015, Mr Collingridge attempted to commit fraud at the Fretboard guitar forum by selling of items he didn't own. He used several different profiles at the forum, all of which can be linked by IP address, and some by payment details. I and others found out who he really was through use of public records and things he'd uploaded to public accounts online such as Photobucket.

-At the same time as protesting his innocence in the forum, Mr Collingridge moved to eBay and attempted to commit fraud there by selling an item he didn't have. Unfortunately I bought and paid for this item, not knowing that this eBay seller was Mr Collingridge.  Like his sold items at the forum, my item mysteriously went missing in the post. Alas, the Paypal payment details of the buyer I had bought from matched Paypal details he had used to refund people on the Fretboard forum. It was quite clear that I had bought from Mr Collingridge from eBay right down to the postage tracking details of the item he had sent to me (Mr Collingridge lives in Chesham: the Post Office he sent the item from was within one mile of his address).

-Mr Collingridge took umbrage at various members of the forum calling him a scammer and fraudster. In my case, there is absolutely no doubt that I paid for an item that he didn't own and he attempted to commit fraud. I was refunded eventually.

-Over time the forum found evidence of scams on other forums going back to 2007. One gentleman furnished me with his dealings with Collingridge relating to a missing camera lens. This can be found attached to this email. It appeared we weren't the only people to have had trouble with this gentleman over the years.

-Mr Collingridge has made several legal threats against various bodies. To date I do not recall anyone having received anything from anyone representing him legally.

I'm quite well aware that Mr Collingridge has given you my details. He obtained these by purchasing a CD from me on eBay on 14 September 2015 and then asking if he could collect, claiming that his name was Jeff Roper. I'd twigged that it was him very quickly, he didn't show up to collect and so I refunded him. He then continued the charade, I agreed to bring the CD to him personally to the address in Bristol he claimed to live at, before he backed out again. Idiotically he visited a link I sent him (my personal blog) which has full tracking data of site visitors. The IP data collected showed that my blog was visited by a man from Chesham possessing the same IP address as Mr Collingridge, using the same Virgin Media service as Mr Collingridge, and the same operating system and Mac computer as Mr Collingridge.

I have all of this in depth with various screen shots. Those members of the forum who Mr Collingridge attempted to defraud would be happy to make a statement. If you give me an address, I am more than happy to send you the full printed files as it is much easier to read as a printed collection than various collated files in a directory.

Yours,

AP.  

One also made sure to attach the police report from the Lens for Hire incident going back a few years. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • One also made sure to attach the police report from the Lens for Hire incident going back a few years. 
    Good work :)

He already has that one - I sent it to him right at the beginning.
    <space for hire>
  • I feel better about things. Just sent a few more bits through. PC Bevan is doing alright now. At least until he finds out about my chicken smuggling operation.