SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB Kotzen Tele

What's Hot

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Each to their own, the sunburst and binding was a right turn off for me.. Two things that should be forever banished from guitars :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    Sunburst/binding for me ........ although the green ones are turning my head a bit right now.
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    edited April 2015
    Pete24v said:
    Each to their own, the sunburst and binding was a right turn off for me.. Two things that should be forever banished from guitars :))

I refer the honourable gentleman to the sunburst Les Paul in his own avatar :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's quilted cherry burst!

But everyone needs a les paul right?!
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for giving me a massive GAS for Tele guys ;)
    Benson said:
    Pete24v said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to the sunburst Les Paul in his own avatar:)
    Avatar changed accordingly me old horse ;-)
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    edited April 2015
    I got mine off ebay in 2008 from Japan - the ebay seller was mijsixstringkatana. It was 2nd hand (2006 model) and was up for $1095 at the time. I got hit for import duties etc but have no regrets.
    I tried ages to find a Green one, couldn't buy it new as it was discontinued. Nearly bought one from the US, but the seller pulled out and kept it, the swine!

After about a month of emailing lots of retailers, Ishibashi told me Fender Japan had 'found one', somewhere! The serial number says it was over 10yr old.. it was brand new, never played etc, £1000 plus import which I think was just over £100.

No regrets here, for 3yrs it was my main guitar
    Just checked and Thomann has these for 1346 quid, over 200 cheaper than in UK. 
    Just checked and Thomann has these for 1346 quid, over 200 cheaper than in UK. 

Oh no, that may cost me an argument this weekend ...
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1963
    I don't think you'll beat the Thomann Price for a new TLR-RK, if you go down the Japanese Import route you have to factor in the shipping costs @ £100 and then Duty and VAT which can be quite a lump (20%).

The current cheapest 2nd Hand TLR-RK on eBay is £838, adding the shipping and duties will take this to £1100 ish. Right now I'd either wait for a UK 2nd hand option or go straight to Thomann.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited April 2015
    The cheapest one on eBay UK also looks like it's had its frets dressed by a cowboy
    Woohoo ... Got one incoming from https://www.facebook.com/blackcatstrats101 :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Nice one @Benson. Are you at liberty to say what you paid for it?

Enjoy your purchase!
    edited July 2015
    It's really nice.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    Thanks @Benson.

Great site and great prices and you got a cracking deal there. That's the price of them used!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Awesome dude! I'm still toying with idea if ordering one from thomann...
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2015
    That Black Cat Strat trader bloke has got another one.....would someone please buy it to save me from a messy divorce? 

(His price is £1125).
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    It's cheaper to import from Japan. I got my brand new tlr-rk ltd for around £750ish including everything. Just find a smaller independent shop and have a chat about how to declare it on the customs form.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Evo said:
    It's cheaper to import from Japan. I got my brand new tlr-rk ltd for around £750ish including everything. Just find a smaller independent shop and have a chat about how to declare it on the customs form.

What about tracking encase it goes walkies? How about insurance encase it arrives in three pieces? What about if it turns up and is a 1:4 scale model? What if customs open it and charge you the full whack anyway? The small premium buys a fuckload of piece of mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom