SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB Kotzen Tele

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited May 2015
    Benson said:
    Evo said:
    It's cheaper to import from Japan. I got my brand new tlr-rk ltd for around £750ish including everything. Just find a smaller independent shop and have a chat about how to declare it on the customs form.

What about tracking encase it goes walkies? How about insurance encase it arrives in three pieces? What about if it turns up and is a 1:4 scale model? What if customs open it and charge you the full whack anyway? The small premium buys a fuckload of piece of mind.

My thoughts exactly. If I hadn't already bought a pricey guitar this year I'd be going for this.

How are you getting on with yours anyway? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    edited May 2015
    My thoughts exactly. If I hadn't already bought a pricey guitar this year I'd be going for this.

How are you getting on with yours anyway? 

Stil really really happy with it. Love the chunky neck, you can really wring the daylight out of it for bends and vibrato. The pickups are great and cope very well with high gain but likeways they have plenty of twang for when you back the gain down. My only criticism is I wish it had a tone knob as well as the phase switch although I know its probably a very easy mod. The body contours make it really comfortable to play especially seated. Love it!
    I did see one on gumtree not so long ago for £750, after I bought mine.
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Mine was tracked. Not insured, that's true, however almost all couriers within the UK refuse to insure guitars anyway. That peace of mind disappears quite quickly after a little research and if you do your due diligence when choosing your retailer then you should be fine.

Not that I'm saying everyone should import from abroad, but it's nothing to be scared of
    edited May 2015
    Mine was tracked. Not insured, that's true, however almost all couriers within the UK refuse to insure guitars anyway. That peace of mind disappears quite quickly after a little research and if you do your due diligence when choosing your retailer then you should be fine.

Not that I'm saying everyone should import from abroad, but it's nothing to be scared of

It's very easy to choose the cheapest option and hope for the best but if it turns to rat shit can you really afford to lose everything you're in for? Perhaps you can but most people probably not. I don't agree that "almost all couriers in the UK refuse to insure guitars anyway" and would be interested to see this substantiated.
    Just another quick look found parcelforce's policy http://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/enhanced-compensation Enhanced compensation is not available for musical instruments, only the included cover based on the service you choose
    Here's parcel2go's policy. https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items Damages are only covered to the value of £100 on guitars. Losses are indeed up to £1000 but losses are much less likely with tracking. I will admit I was exaggerating when I said "refuse to insure". I should have said "many couriers will not adequately insure a guitar" Some may have changed their policy but this certainly isn't an unusual condition to find in one form or another
    It seems a post went missing. The second one gives the general idea but I did post one saying that my statement was a slight exaggeration but it's no stretch to say that most guitars that get sent using UK couriers are not even close to adequately insured. Some couriers may have changed their policies but parcel force are by no means unique in using a clause like this. It is indeed very easy to ignorantly choose the cheapest option, it's also very easy to ignorantly choose a more expensive option. The best thing to do is research what you're paying for and work out which choice works out the best value for you
  • Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125

I've got a Kotzen Tele, and it has been my No.1 for a few years now.

Of course, I have since been lusting after a Kotzen Strat to complete the collection....