SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

The Purge III (47 pedals!)

What's Hot

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    That one's gone I'm afraid.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16949
    Deijavoo said:
    juansolo said:
    It's alright, he wussed out of the madness ;)

@wezv really starts to get to grips with it around the 5:30 mark... But yeah, it's a noise machine. The early version. You should see what the later ones are like ;)

MY WORD I WANT THIS!!!!
    just so we are clear, it doesn't do washing up noises - that's the wife pretending I am not annoying her :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • best thread in ages !
  • xtroublextrouble Frets: 84
    Will take the Lunar module/screwdriver please

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fire'd you a PM
  • xtrouble;595428" said:
    Will take the Lunar module/screwdriver please
    Bugger! Only just saw this ad.

Second dibs?
    edited April 2015
    No worries.

I'll be updating the descriptions shortly also as I ran out of steam on the first pass ;)
    EDIT: no I wont because it's complaining about size again. Arse. Ask away on here if you need to know owt.

Gotta get to the PO first though and annoy some pensioners. Let the tutting begin!
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Interested by the Hydra dual overdrive - what kind of tones is that aimed at? I think it has a modded Zendrive type circuit on one side, and a GOAT (which I'm not familiar with) on the other? Wondering how the zendrive is modded, and what the difference to the original is for one thing, and how the GOAT differs from that also. Will just have to wait for the updated description I know. :)
    Batch 1 out 14/4 AM

T. Matre RU744391088GB

P. Redford BZ752765476GB

M. Williams BZ752765431GB

N. Long BZ752765428GB

J. Hamilton BZ752765480GB

G. Boden BZ752765445GB

D. Brookes BZ752765462GB

G. Sherriff BZ752765459GB

J. Castro BZ752765493GB

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Megii said:
    Interested by the Hydra dual overdrive - what kind of tones is that aimed at? I think it has a modded Zendrive type circuit on one side, and a GOAT (which I'm not familiar with) on the other? Wondering how the zendrive is modded, and what the difference to the original is for one thing, and how the GOAT differs from that also. Will just have to wait for the updated description I know. :)
    It's epic. it's as you say, a modded Zen and a modded KOT (well half of one). You can change order, clipping, all sorts on it. REALLY cool pedal and one that'll be commercial at some point via IDA. Very few protos out in the wild that I'm aware of.
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 134
    juansolo said:
    Megii said:
    It's epic. it's as you say, a modded Zen and a modded KOT (well half of one). You can change order, clipping, all sorts on it. REALLY cool pedal and one that'll be commercial at some point via IDA. Very few protos out in the wild that I'm aware of.
    And it runs at 18v internally for more headroom.
    Zen side doesn't have mosfet clippers, but has Timmy like clipping in one setting.
    juansolo said:
    Megii said:
    Must admit I'm tempted - cheers for the reply and extra information. Was looking on In Defiance Audio's facebook page, but couldn't find much info on the pedal. Well, I'll wrestle with my conscience for a while, and you may hear from me again before too long... :D  
    edited April 2015
    IDA is Rej of Grind Customs soon to be commercial pedal line. As we work a lot with Rej, we tend to get a few protos to try (for bass users the Behemoth is fucking legendary). But it's not live yet. He's still working up in the frozen north (quite literally), before he can get that off the ground. We had a Hydra each, so one is going. Only one Behemoth though.
    marauder said:
    juansolo said:
    Megii said:
    And it runs at 18v internally for more headroom.
    Zen side doesn't have mosfet clippers, but has Timmy like clipping in one setting.
    Cheers for that also @marauder ! :) I know very little of types of clipping and technical stuff I must admit - I do know I'd be interested in something that could give a smooth, subtle overdrive (i.e the Zendrive/"Dumble" kind of thing) and which could switched to something with a bit more gain - again smooth-sounding, but more singing and sustaining. I guess think fusion kind of sounds maybe. And then also perhaps an overdrive tone with a bit more of a grainy/gritty kind of blues texture occasionally. Do you think this pedal might suit me chaps? Sorry for all the questions! :)
    It's quite similar to a Zen and you can run either or, or both. So three levels of gain there (and you can change order). It's a great multi OD, they work well together.
    juansolo said:
    It's quite similar to a Zen and you can run either or, or both. So three levels of gain there (and you can change order). It's a great multi OD, they work well together.
    Cheers again, still very tempted, and I know the build quality will be excellent. Anyway, I'll stop with the questions now, thanks @juansolo.
  • What do the switches do on the Duovibe?

What do the switches do on the Duovibe?

Mode is a vibe/phaserish selector, the wave is the waveform (triangle or square)

From the doc:
    The DuoVibe is yet another expansion on Tim Escobedo’s “Wobbletron” circuit snippet first published in 2005. I (culturejam) have done several circuit iterations on this cool little building block snippet (which is also very similar to the basic phase shift stage in a Univibe), and I feel that this one is a nice compromise between super-complexity and functionality.

The DuoVibe is a two-stage optical vibe circuit than can also cop subtle phaser tones. The LFO is modified from the Shoot the Moon tremolo (itself derivative of the Tremulus Lune) and is capable of triangle wave and near-square wave output. The pitch bend in Vibe mode is discernible but not capable of “seasick” wobble. With the depth cranked, you can think of it as a sort of “tremolo with funk going on” kind of thing.

There is a Vibe/Phase Mode switch, the name of which indicates its function and purpose. This switch simply toggles a feedback filtering cap value, but is useful despite the simplicity. 

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    mate...the artwork on that univibe clone is absolutely amazing...what is it??
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    I'll take the Hydra Dual OD if it's still available. Pm me for payment details. Cheers
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom