Take Your Pick: Matt's day of picking picks from a spectrum of plectrums (plectra).

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    GuyBoden said:
    I only use actual Shark Teeth picks, they sound great, no annoying clicking, they never wear..........

IMHO they can't be beat.............................

It's a bastard trying to get their teeth out though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Neil said:

I used to hold the pick like this:

That's how I started out for the first few years - knew no better back in the dark ages.
    :(

I still hold a pick like that mostly - done it for so many years that it just seems natural, no reason to change now.  Hasn't held me back at all.  Didn't hold that Van Halen chap back much either, as I seem to recall. :))

I was a Tortex .88mm player for years, then switched to Jazz III and Big Stubbies for a while.  Switched over to V-picks (Venom and Switchblade) a couple of years ago to see what all the fuss was about.  My original intention was to be in a position of experience to mock people buying expensive picks, but they're so bloody nice that I can't stop buying them. :-O
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2492
    Converted to Jazz III Max Grip, makes the Dunlop Stubby feel like a bar of soap.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom