Two years of waiting.... KOT.

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
New Pedal Day.

Two years of waiting list- actually it was probably longer, but I finally have one of these again.

KoT:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    Could have bought two of these in less time...  

;)

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11883
    What tweaks/upgrades did you go for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    octatonic said:
    New Pedal Day.

Two years of waiting list- actually it was probably longer, but I finally have one of these again.

KoT:

and its wank!

:-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    edited April 2015
    stonevibe said:
    Could have bought two of these in less time...  

;)
    Have one already- they don't sound the same.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What tweaks/upgrades did you go for?
    High gain red and a buffer.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I always thought the kot was 2 Boss BD2 pedals?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    There's one in the shop I work for at the moment, you could have had that quicker!

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Nice - I jumped the queue thanks for a member here offering his slot and I really like it - it bumped the zendrive off my board.    At some point I need to get a kingsley jester to compare it but the KoT is very nice.
    John_P said:
    Nice - I jumped the queue thanks for a member here offering his slot and I really like it - it bumped the zendrive off my board.    At some point I need to get a kingsley jester to compare it but the KoT is very nice.
    My other board has a Klon and Zendrive on it, funnily enough.
    I'm putting the KoT on my mini board- it does both medium gain and clean boost so I figure I can get away with one dirt pedal on that board.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7157
    I flipped mine soon after getting it. 

Got a clone of one off of MR Forums now which I think sounds a lot nicer.

Think they are based on Marshall Guv'nors apparently. I have one of those as well...

Nice drives though. Still no idea how he gets such a long waiting list for them.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8539
    For a moment there I thought you said 2 years!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    @ICBM arggh! It's not on the site. How much is it going for? 
    I've had 4 KOT's over the years. Fancy another one. They really are brilliant. Heavily modded Bluesbreakers but super versatile.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    Not sure, it's only just in. Probably around 2/3 of the new price, whatever that is.

Although having found out there's a two year waiting list on new ones, maybe it should be more!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    There's one in the shop I work for at the moment, you could have had that quicker!

:)
    Not much quicker, unless it came in two years ago and sat around. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Not sure, it's only just in. Probably around 2/3 of the new price, whatever that is.

Although having found out there's a two year waiting list on new ones, maybe it should be more!
    Maybe octatonic can enlighten us as to what they actually are costing new? Used prices vary dramatically. I've paid £200 up to £265 but seen them go for less and lots more. Quite odd really. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I paid for mine a month ago, it was $270 + $65 shipping, which today is about £226. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited April 2015
    nice one! i commend you on your patience. i don't think i could wait that long

does it sound like you had hoped?
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Serious question, not trolling, what's the difference between this and the current Marshall Bluesbreaker II pedal?  
    edited April 2015
    ICBM said:

Maybe octatonic can enlighten us as to what they actually are costing new? Used prices vary dramatically. I've paid £200 up to £265 but seen them go for less and lots more. Quite odd really. 
    Depends on currency conversion- I paid $349 shipped but that included $55 in options for the buffer and high-gain red channel.
    I think it ended up being about £220 with currency conversion.
    Plus about £25 in taxes duty.

The base pedal is $235 but then you need to ship it.
    samzadgan said:
    nice one! i commend you on your patience. i don't think i could wait that long

does it sound like you had hoped?
    I've had one before but I sold it to a friend who loved it- it was true bypass and didn't have the high-gain red channel, which are features I particularly wanted.
    Very nice pedal- very versatile with the two sides being connected in series.

Waiting list is simples really-they don't take any money up front, you can just let it lapse if you want.