Two years of waiting.... KOT.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33806
    I refuse to believe that any overdrive can be worth a two year wait.
    I wasn't sitting around waiting for it though, without having anything else to use in the meantime.
    I bought a Klon and I have my Zendrive that I've had forever, as well as a bunch of other things.

I just went on the list and forgot about it until it was ready and then paid the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11883
    I put my name on the list about 2 months ago, it said 9 months wait. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I don't want to disappoint you but the same thing happened with me. 
    It ended up being 2 years.
    octatonic;597515" said:
    RaymondLin said:

I don't want to disappoint you but the same thing happened with me. It ended up being 2 years.
    I don't really care as such, no rush, have plenty of OD pedals to keep my occupied for a while!
    octatonic;597515" said:
    RaymondLin said:

I don't want to disappoint you but the same thing happened with me. It ended up being 2 years.
    I don't really care as such, no rush, have plenty of OD pedals to keep my occupied for a while!
    :)
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    John_P said:
    Nice - I jumped the queue thanks for a member here offering his slot.....
    Snigger.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17648
    tFB Trader
    I like the KoT a lot.

I thought the high gain side was a bit meh, but the overdrive pushes a dirty amp like nothing else I've tried.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7343
    ermmm...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Cheers for that. I'm up on the waiting list in June. Never played one but think a lot of the demos sounded great- just a straight forward "this is what a guitar should sound like" kinda sound. So is good to hear your thoughts and where you're perspective is coming from
    Yes, I definitely don't think I'm the target market for it :).

There is a reason my forum name is Integrated Circuit Big Muff ;). The pedal Billy Corgan used on Siamese Dream, and which the original Little Big Muff in my avatar is a small version of, with the gain preset at max and the tone either fully up or down :D.

And there was me thinking it stood for Inter Continental Ballistic Missile. They were on everyone's minds when I was growing up during the reds under the beds era
    57Deluxe;597833" said:
    ermmm...

There is a demo between the KOT and JHS double barrel which the morning glory side is a modded Bluesbreaker.

It's hard to tell the difference, I might not bother when my turn come around as I do like the DB.
  • RaymondLin;597909" said:
    [quote="57Deluxe;597833"]ermmm...

There is a demo between the KOT and JHS double barrel which the morning glory side is a modded Bluesbreaker.

It's hard to tell the difference, I might not bother when my turn come around as I do like the DB.[/quote]

JHS originally were known for just cloning other boutique circuits with less than stellar build, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit of a rip off.

Jhs have since thrown that reputation by improving quality control and producing more original circuits though.
    They did indeed.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    I put my name on the list out of interest to see how long it took and then about 11 months later it came to the top. I didn't buy one straight away because I wasn't that bothered at the time, however I did keep the email and 6 months later thought why not so got a kot with high gain in both sides. I used it live last weekend and it was excellent, to the point my jester took a break for the day, mainly because i was playing stuff that didn't need much gain at all, which is where I think the KoT works best. I also like how the boost channel lifts my jester when I want to distort it a bit more.

I've had about 6 of these pedals in the past, aMs have sold them from 280-400, this one didn't cost anywhere near that, so if you want one I would highly recommend going direct, yes it's a long wait but it's a much cheaper option and analogman are a cracking company to deal with.

Just my opinion
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7809
    ThePrettyDamned;598083" said:
    [quote="RaymondLin;597909"][quote="57Deluxe;597833"]ermmm...

It's hard to tell the difference, I might not bother when my turn come around as I do like the DB.[/quote]

JHS originally were known for just cloning other boutique circuits with less than stellar build, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a bit of a rip off.

Jhs have since thrown that reputation by improving quality control and producing more original circuits though. [/quote]

Build quality is still patchy though, my warbletron sounds great but jack socket fell apart on first use.. Got replaced for a new one though by shop
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    Sassafras said:
    And there was me thinking it stood for Inter Continental Ballistic Missile. They were on everyone's minds when I was growing up during the reds under the beds era
    It was just a bad joke really - particularly as, as you probably know, I am strongly anti-ICBM (the whizz-bang type). It was the first thing that came into my head when I signed up for Music Radar for some reason! I should probably have changed it but it's too late now since it would just confuse everyone.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein