Comments

• SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    edited April 2015
    gah, posting issues...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11779
    tFB Trader
    Might need a bit more info..... :P

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    It's hard to tell :P
    Bloody 'ell, geez a chance!
    The body is plastic/resin/bakelite type and obviously the threaded shaft has snapped, Ive seen these many times before but can't for the life of me remember what they are!
    :\">
    Ah, I believe it's a Gotoh, don't mind me...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1300
    tFB Trader
    Thanks, they were only $27 new! I'm not paying £195 :)

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936
    I might have one in my bits and pieces of tuners box (or I might be thinking of something else) - I'll try and remember to have a look in the morning.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Thats very kind, thanks Paul
    :)
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936
    Paul_C said:
    I might have one in my bits and pieces of tuners box (or I might be thinking of something else) - I'll try and remember to have a look in the morning.
    I got curious and went and had a look ;)

I found I had one Ibanez branded tuner, which apart from that looks exactly the same.

. . . sadly it's the other way round :(
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ah buggerit!
    Thanks for trying though man, appreciated!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73235
    I might have one, I'll look tomorrow.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

:-bd
    I tried a repair overnight with epoxy, didn't hold to even finger tight.
    Sarge said:
    I tried a repair overnight with epoxy, didn't hold to even finger tight.
    It won't, the plastic is too waxy to take any kind of glue.

Good news! - I have the exact machinehead you need in my box of spare bits and pieces.

Bad news :( - it's broken in exactly the same way. (Actually even closer to the body part.) Unfortunately this is typical of both these and the similar Schallers. And it's the only one I have.

If you like I'll go back and have a look for the next nearest equivalent in appearance and footprint, I might have something that isn't too far away.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Ha, I found 2 schallers in my box, both resin and one is cracked, not the same dims though.
    As these were stock on the Westbury standard (well, some of them anyway) I have a pal who collects them, I'll see if he has one spare, but by all means have a looky, thanks muchly ☺
    I looked…. I have just about every combination apart from black, that size, that screw position and that hand all at the same time.

I think the best solution is to get a modern set which fits the size, screw position etc, replace the lot and sell the remaining good ones - you might even come out ahead! If you do manage to buy just one that matches, the chances are another one will break sooner or later and you'll be back to the same problem.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed, I don't fancy my chances of the rest holding out much longer, ironically I just sold 4 complete unused sets of tuners, 1 had this angle screw hole!
    Jin-Ho should have something that fits, hopefully.

Thanks for your time bro, much appreciated.

Now to try and find out why my Westbury's paf dimarzio is outputting like a damp squib!
    Sarge said:
    Now to try and find out why my Westbury's paf dimarzio is outputting like a damp squib!
    Uh oh...

Check all the solder joints, but there's a good chance one of the coils has corroded through - is the signal very thin and weak, and turning the tone control down kills it completely?

If so call @TheGuitarWeasel, he's your man for fixing stuff like this.

Westburys are great guitars, very much worth fixing right.