Pledge of fidelity.

What's Hot

Comments

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Screw this! ....;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23718
    I'm in.

Hmmmm.... but maybe I should wait until January 1 before I start, so I don't lose track of where the year begins and ends...

I'll get back to you.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    I recommend selling all your guitars for one high end model. 

After I bought my CS Fender I sold over 12 guitars and I am nearly at the point where I haven't bought an electric for a year. 
    I dont get the urge to look at the guitar classifieds any more.

Its almost better to come to terms with the fact that you like buying gear. If you can make it self funding (selling to buy) then there is no real problem. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    For all of you who are pledging, can you tell us when you fail, so that we can ridicule you for trying to be free of gas.

Best of luck boys ;)
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    mike_l;609426" said:
    thomasross20 said:

When I bought my second PRS I ashamedly lied about the price to my partner. Let's face it, £7-8k of gear in 2 months is a lot of money! To this day she knows not...Do you know exactly how much she spends on shoes/clothes etc?
    Next to nothing, I'm so lucky..!!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7768
    At one point in the past I just put most of them away and plays just one for an extended period. Proved to me that they all know the same notes and you can play anything on anything. Distractions were reduced.
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Never was so much piety contained is so small a moment >:)

Get over yourselves! You're trying to turn self-discipline into a virtue! :))
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23718
    OK, we've had our little joke.  Now what are you all buying next?

I got a cheque in the post this morning.  Save it for a rainy day or....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Does this pledge include stuff that you've already decided you're going to buy, but haven't got around to yet?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I accidentally started a cult!!!
    Do I get tax rebates or something?

@meltedbuzzbox I agree- the Les Paul Jr (and Melody Maker) were funded by a HUGE clear out of clutter including 5 cheaper guitars (plus a bike, watches etc). I'd always assumed that the "name" thing was vanity, and it may be, but having a guitar with Gibson on the headstock makes me smile every time I look at it.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    I'm going to carry on buying pedals because it keeps me sane :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 697
    I left the one I was married to who was like that. My gf now picks the guitar up when I'm out if the room and tries to copy what I've just been doing on it.
    Chalky said:
    Please please please find a woman who understands that you are a man who makes his own decisions about what he chooses to own.

Honestly, I have a little willy and small balls but my gorgeous loving wife (who is making a scratchplate for my Harley Benton tele this weekend because my attempt was crude) wouldn't dream of telling me how many guitars I can have. She just doesn't understand why other women treat their husbands like kids.

So no, I'm not going to subject myself to restrictions whose main purpose is to 'keep the wife happy'. Men, stand up for your yourselves! :))

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited May 2015
    So... It's been a month. Has anyone fallen off the wagon?

My GAS has been pretty much non existent! I've spent the month enjoying my current guitars. In particular, my Les Paul Junior- it's great.
     My one criticism is that it doesn't clean up as much as I'd like when I roll the tone and volume back, I've been told that by doing "Vintage wiring" rather than modern, i should solve this. Any experts care to comment? 

The only temptation I've experienced is to part with the Melody Maker. I got it in a trade deal for a REALLY good price, but I don't like it as much as the Junior & as they're quite similar it's not really getting much play. 

My playing is coming along, I'm learning solos for a jam session with friends (Sweet Child, Stairway & Comfortably Numb) and expanding my repertoire of solo acoustic songs as I've been invited to do a slot at an open mic organised by a friend- public performing after a 8year break! I'm polishing "59 sound", "American Pie", "Paradise City" and a few other options for that.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Careful now! Giving up GAS without help or a 12 point plan can be dangerous at best and catastrophic at worst!
    The Devil makes work for idle hands you know... If I wasn't looking at Guitar stuff then heaven only knows what I would be up to :x
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    When I bought my Heritage the missus had a "you spent what" moment. So I ordered a pair of Brazilian Rosewood Wechters...
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    my month looks like this.

No new guitars (almost been a year since I last bought an electric)
    No new amp
    Pedals - colossal fail. 3 Moogerfoogers

but I have no issue with that. I knew the moogs were coming at some point in time.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    I have remained faithful to the pledge thus far and only purchased consumables (strings, picks and valves)

GAS is steering my toward a tubescreamer to hit the front end of my Marshall with though. Must. Stay. Strong.

I think I'll cave because ive started listening to Lynch Mob and cant quite get the jubilee to that territory

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7361
    yeah yeah yeah - all that... unless my Premium Bonds come in...!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>