SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Fender Tele (Heavily Modified) - Sorted

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    andrew said:
    Thanks everyone for your input, very helpful and most interesting!

I guess the original seller stretched the word 'modified' somewhat - but I'm not too bothered! I do really love the guitar and it's all the more reason to keep it! Also, an instant cure the GAS (knowing it can't really be sold!)...

If it's already routed under the pickguard then order up a new pickguard routed for a 'bucker & go see @Guitarweasel for something fat to sling in there !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3991
    The fingerboard wear looks like the wear on a Road Worn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    It's still a looker.

PS, I swapped out ALL of the screws on my CS Esquire. Cause I wanted too. Imagine that...... ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andrewandrew Frets: 47
    Thanks JD! I think so too, always been a fan of natural finishes :)
    Sarcasm is often hard to detect in writing. If in doubt - yes, I was taking the piss.
    edited May 2015
    UPDATE:

I've been on the TDPRI and got some more Tele aficionado's to check it out and it seems the consensus is that the guitar MIM 50's Tele, not a '52RI!

Still interested in something humbucker-y but more on a budget! Trade value of around £400 on account of the mods. Hoping for something used and not too flashy :)

Let me know,

Andrew.
    Sarcasm is often hard to detect in writing. If in doubt - yes, I was taking the piss.
    Bumpity! 

Looking for something with a bit more balls (especially in the neck position), WHY?

Bump, this is a really great example of a Telecaster for near the same price as a Squier!
  • PM'd you.
    God bless this kitchen said the knick knack chef