looking for Ideas

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4267
    frankus;614775" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

Where did you find that magnificent beast? :O

This! I've read the thread three times, why wouldn't this get answered!?!
    I'm still waiting!!!! @samzadgan
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I just did...
    It's got to be a black jazzmaster dude.

Strat pocket, and brushed aluminium hardware. You might not find a brushed jazzmaster bridge so you may have to Bigsby it...

Fuck, don't do that, get a Tele body, wudtone it black magic woman, and ask ash for a high output tele bridge pickup. It'll bloody roar! You could use a brushed aluminium Bigsby, too, without invoking the wrath of the gods. Although @bucket may never talk to you again...

Again, like last time, if the neck isn't for you, let me know.
    but jazzmaster isnt the right scale and it doesnt have a strat pocket does it? been thinking of getting those cheaper classic player jags and seeing if i can do something with those.

To be honest, tele is still top of the list! But i'm thinking white with 3 layer black pickgard

@ThePrettyDamned, if i dont like the neck...you will be the first on the list.
    Sassafras said:
    Don't know where you'd find one but that neck would suit a clear acrylic body.
    you mean like this one @Sassafras?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-Custom-Fender-Telecaster-/261869996957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cf8ab0b9d

already sent the guy a question about what the neck pocket measures at, but no response. If his body fits, this may be my guitar!

i may even do this...it seems like its built for my project, tele body made for strat neck.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fender-Custom-Telecaster-Telestrat-Must-Sell-/111656980540?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item19ff46503c

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32043
    I think the body has to be fairly neutral-looking to show off that neck, I'd just have something shaped like an Ibanez AR100 body made to fit it.
    edited May 2015
    Ive spent most of today looking at guitars and guitar shapes

I think so far my original Tele idea seems to be just right.

Thinking a squier CV tele in white, black pickguard...and that neck. Then later i will decide if i make it an esquire...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jazzmaster is 25.5" scale length, and uses the same neck pocket as a strat :) 

But @P90fool might have a point...
    p90fool;616982" said:
    I think the body has to be fairly neutral-looking to show off that neck, I'd just have something shaped like an Ibanez AR100 body made to fit it.
    I dont mind that at all...but i have too many Lp style guitars...i need some fender lovin'

I had a look at parts etc...and basically it would be cheaper buying a cheaper guitar and swapping necks than building from scratch.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2216
    Reminds me of the Jackson Roswell Rhoads, the aluminium one. Hmmm. My Grail guitar.
    so...i think i found my guitar for that neck...its a bit blingy but fuck it right...

its a 2000's squire jagmaster in silver sparkle...my plan would be to put 1 chrome covered pickup in the bridge, 1 chrome knob for volume which can pull for coil split. Here's a better pic to show off the colour in better light and chrome humbuckers...

i think this project is going to be real cool now...very happy with this find!
  • You should get a cow tron from oil city - blingy looking gretsch pickup!

It won't coil split, though you won't want it to, great sounding thing.
    Interesting pickup option @theprettydamned. I had a quick chat to Ash and he recommended the Havoc...
  • samzadgan said:
    Interesting pickup option @theprettydamned. I had a quick chat to Ash and he recommended the Havoc...
    Yeah, they're total opposite ends of the spectrum - if you want a tappable pickup, the havoc is NUTS. 

Tapped, it's really fantastic. 

The Cow-T-Ron I just thought would look nice, a mish mash of vintage and modern.  The sparkly paint is a bit gretsch-y too.  The Cow-T-Ron is very low output and... Well, it sounds nothing like most pickups I've tried (or al, in fact!). Probably my favourite pickup, though.