Friedman gas!

What's Hot
stedsted Frets: 259
edited May 2015 in Amps
What the hell man, cannot shake my Friedman gas whatsoever! 3k for a head though? 
I must be crazy for even thinking it, or am I? What other amps get close though? Bogners? Marshalls even? 

Gah!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91

I have Friedman's which I haven't gigged for a while due to a Helios which I really like. If I was to do it again I would have a look at Bray and the new 50 watt Henning. The Henning should be priced OK for import. Then there is the daddy - The Metroplex.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1639
    Park?
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited May 2015
    Yep I think you're bananas to spend £3k on a Friedman but it's your money so who cares what people think. I'd rather buy a 70's Marshall and a Satellite Barracuda and have cash left over myself.
  • leerockerleerocker Frets: 610
    love mine, i got over the price tag a long while ago, once you play one you wont want to play anything else isnt that right @rockmonster

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    sted said:
    What the hell man, cannot shake my Friedman gas whatsoever! 3k for a head though? 
    I must be crazy for even thinking it, or am I? What other amps get close though? Bogners? Marshalls even? 

Gah!
    what one you gassing for? @sted
    Cost is only relative to what money you can afford.

That being said I can't help but think that these amps are the flavour of the month and in a year or twos time there will be some great second hand deals to be had on these beauties.
    edited May 2015
    shaunm said:

That being said I can't help but think that these amps are the flavour of the month and in a year or twos time there will be some great second hand deals to be had on these beauties.
    I think people were saying that two years ago and nothings changed price wise, used values havent dropped, If you can afford one then go play one.
    I dont have a fancy job or earn a fuckload but i know what i like, and the friedmans ive owned piss over a lot of other supposed high end amps. If it stops me wanting another amp and i spend more time playing (which it has)  and searching youtube for new amps then thats priceless.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dunstanmusdunstanmus Frets: 91
    They are flavour of the month. Very good amps but there is no voodoo. I imported my Marsha in 2009. Put it in the classifieds here a couple of years ago and no one sniffed - thankfully. Probably worth a bit now as it is one DF built himself. The thing that sets him apart is his service. He will always personally look after you. BE's are going for just over £2k so need to shell out on a new one.
    leerocker;618874" said:
    shaunm said:

I think people were saying that two years ago and nothings changed price wise. 

I dont have a fancy job or earn a fuckload but i know what i like, and the friedmans ive owned piss over a lot of other supposed high end amps. If it stops me wanting another amp and i spend more time playing (which it has)  and searching youtube for new amps then thats priceless.
    Never a truer word said given I have spent this afternoon trying out amps.

Like I say price is relative, if you can justify it then it represents value.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    if i had the coin i would buy a BE100 tomorrow, but £3k is too much to justify.

I'm using a '77 JMP and a pedal, which gets me close enough :D

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 841
    I like my small box don't care what people's opinion is on price or flavour of the month. If I find something I like more I'll probably get it if it's not mega bucks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    rockmonster;618908" said:
    I like my small box don't care what people's opinion is on price or flavour of the month. If I find something I like more I'll probably get it if it's not mega bucks!
    Amen.
    :)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    CAA is in the same league, but sounds a bit more refined to my ears.
    For some people that is a good thing, for others not.

Same basic price though.
  • Got a smalbox which I love. Great to play at home and even better to gig. For me it is the best amp I have had to cover 60s stones to papa roach all with a sd1 in the front and a tc delay in the loop. Compared to the competition it's worth the money to me and looks cool as well. Only problem is I now am gassing for a dirty Shirley.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    played the Steve Stevens amp today that to me is one that has gone under the radar fantastic amp seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on that one.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 841
    leerocker said:
    played the Steve Stevens amp today that to me is one that has gone under the radar fantastic amp seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on that one.

Lol!
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    i've never heard a bad demo of any of them, a lot of the US guys are saying the JJ is the best all rounder

Don't take my flavour of the month comment as a negative just my oppinion that these amps are the must have amp of the moment and that there will be some second hand bargains in the near future. I have never played one but I bet they brilliant.
    edited May 2015
    shaunm said:
    Don't take my flavour of the month comment as a negative just my oppinion that these amps are the must have amp of the moment and that there will be some second hand bargains in the near future. I have never played one but I bet they brilliant.
    Not so much flavour of the month they have been around a while now havent seen them drop in used prices at all, superb amps. i loved the bogner stuff too but their fx loops are shocking!
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    edited May 2015
    Do it. best amp I've ever used as as others have said their support and service is fantastic.