SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Custom Shop ES-339. Mint condition! SOLD!!

What's Hot
Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
edited May 2015 in Guitars £
Gibson Custom Shop ES-339 in immaculate condition with no marks and no fret wear. The ES-339 is essentially an ES-335 but with a smaller body which feels more comfortable than a 335 and, at 7lb, is noticeably lighter.

Gibson 57 Classic humbuckers in the ES-339 body give a great sound which is about midway between an ES-335 and a Les Paul, with a tighter bottom end than a 335 but still the same woodiness. This dot-neck guitar has the 30/60 neck profile which is really comfortable and the Antique Vintage Sunburst finish looks gorgeous.

In true Gibson fashion there are various versions of the ES-339 around so it gets a little confusing identifying the models. This is the model with a current street price of £1,850 - £1,900. The guitar being sold is in good-as-new condition  -  buy it and save yourself over £600!  That's enough left over to buy a decent amp :)

Complete with Gibson Custom Shop fitted case in excellent condition and with Custom Shop COA.

SPECIAL OFFER PRICE FOR THE WEEKEND 15th - 17th MAY ONLY  :-    £1,100

No swaps, trades or offers thanks. Courier costs, if required, will be added to the purchase price.

Here are photos of the actual guitar for sale.  As I said, it's immaculate.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    You need to state a price you want for it, also is that a stock photo or your actual guitar?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Yes, I pushed the button then realised the price was missing. Corrected that straight away.

As I said in the post, that is a Gibson stock phto. I will be posting actual photos later today or tomorrow.

Jim
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2752
    I hadn't realised there were different versions - I thought it was a choice of neck profile - mine was the 60's like yours and felt very comfortable. Quite a few people here have had 339's and liked them     A price would help though :-) 
    edited May 2015
    There was initially just one model, as you say, but then Gibson issued dearer figured maple versions, a cheaper 'studio' version, a cheaper 'satin' version, etc, etc -  not to mention a choice of dot or block neck.....
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Pics?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Bloody love mine with a '59 neck.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Love mine too - never seen a block neck version though.
    edited May 2015

capo4th said:
    Pics?
    Sorry guys. They'll be on here in the morning. Just too much happening today.
    OK, the guitar has been photographed every-which-way. Now the tedious process of uploading all to Flikr then creating links here. I'm working on it......
    PHOTOS NOW POSTED!!!  Sorry it took a while but hopefully worth the wait.
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 507
    Nice pics - how do you do that, some fancy camera I'll be bound. That is lovely, and just like mine but immaculate. These are great guitars. Flogged mine, went through 2 335's and was very very happy to get the 339 back. So, have an unnecessary bump.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27793
    Nice.

And just the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

But I've only got trades.

:(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Nice pics - how do you do that, some fancy camera I'll be bound. That is lovely, and just like mine but immaculate. These are great guitars. Flogged mine, went through 2 335's and was very very happy to get the 339 back. So, have an unnecessary bump.
    Thanks for the bump :-)  I've got to give some credit to member PC1971 for the pics. I was really impressed by what he did when he was selling his ebony 335 so I tried to do something similar and surprised myself.....

TTony said:
    Nice.

And just the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

But I've only got trades.

:(
    A shame, but I'm trying to reduce my collection of electrics rather than taking in any more so I'm really after a sale.
    edited May 2015
    I've had a few offers of trades for some very nice guitars but I just don't need any more electric guitars. I'm really after a straight sale. HOWEVER..... I wouldn't mind a decent mid-range acoustic guitar as a back-up for my cherished Atkin OM-28H Retrospective. I'm thinking perhaps Taylor 414/416 or something of that ilk in px for the ES-339 with cash top-up depending on model. Guitars in great condition only......
    Weekend bump and a special price offer.

Grab yourself a bargain!!
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676
    Nooooooo!!! Ha ha! Have you any idea how much it would be for postage up my way, Jim?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Bargain!!!
    Nooooooo!!! Ha ha! Have you any idea how much it would be for postage up my way, Jim?
    I've had a few enquiries about cost of sending by parcel service.

Firstly, I'm in north Kent with easy access from London and South-East to view and try out the guitar. Additionally, for those a bit farther away (up to say 100 miles)  I'll happily meet you half-way somewhere suitable so you can see and try the guitar - but obviously unamplified.

Sending by parcel service is possible but the cost depends on whether the guitar is insured or not. Most carriers will deliver to UK (except The Highlands and Northern Ireland) for £15 - £20 but it seems that insurance cover of the contents would be limited to £20 -£50, depending on the courrier. I've not found a courier who will insure a guitar for more than £1,000 against loss (less against damage) and that level of insurance cover raises the delivery cost to around £70.

Once the guitar is paid for it becomes the buyer's so it is their choice as to whether it is sent with the minimal or higher insurance. I'll be happy to include in the guitar price the £20 cost of sending with minimal minimal insurance cover OR to contribute £20 towards the cost of sending with £1,000 cover - the buyer paying the £50 balance.

I didn't realise just how complicated this all is -  jeeez!
    Deijavoo said:
    Bargain!!!
    Yes it is!  There still seems to be a little confusion about which exact model it is -- Gibson doing their usual thing of issuing umpteen variants and often looking for cost savings by changing specs....  So, just to clarify it's this one: