SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Custom Shop ES-339. Mint condition! SOLD!!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Yours has a CS serial number, the linked one is MS. Similar guitar but isn't yours slightly earlier, and to me, better? Still looks the same! :P So tempted.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Well spotted Steffo! You get an extra £50 discount for being on the ball! I wonder when they changed from CS to MS and why? CS = Custom Shop  but  MS = Memphis something?  Who knows?....  Don't you just love Gibson ,-}

Anyway, the one in the link is the closest I can find to the guitar for sale -  regardless of the MS :-)
  • pmgpmg Frets: 300
    Steffo said:
    Yours has a CS serial number, the linked one is MS. Similar guitar but isn't yours slightly earlier, and to me, better? Still looks the same! :P So tempted.

Just checked mine. It's serial number is CS and I've owned from new since 2009 if that helps. I'd imagine the serial changed when the range expanded
    Steffo said:
    Just took another look at that guitar. The serial number starts with ME, not MS, but strangely the serial number shown on the headstock photo does not match the one given in the page heading. AND there's no 'Custom Shop' motif on the rear of the headstock. Get it right World Guitars.....

Whatever, mine is Custom Shop (CS serial number) and it does have the essential Custom Shop headstock motif.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    If you read the World Guitars ad it explains the picture is of a previous guitar.
    Chalky said:
    If you read the World Guitars ad it explains the picture is of a previous guitar.
    So it does. I just read the 'actual product photo' legend but then didn't go on to read the body text below. Thanks for pointing that out Chalky and apologies to World Guitars, which is a great shop for higher-end gear.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    No problem. I think they need to take a leaf out of Coda's book, who have a guitar hanger on a dark area of the wall opposite the till - so any guitar they take in part-ex in hung there, photographed and on the website almost before the previous owner has left the shop! Love that 'Do It Now!' approach to life :)
    The ES-339 has now been sold to Fretboard member Smudge_Lad. Many thanks Keir.

Thanks to the others who made offers. Thanks also to all who showed an interest and to those who contributed to this thread.

Happy picking

Jim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom