SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PRS Custom 24 - solid rosewood neck FINAL PRICE DROP

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7442
    edited November 2015
    Wish it was a joke haha.
    He messaged me through ebay and asked if I could do it for £1200, so I said only if he came and collected outside ebay because the fees would take too much otherwise. He agreed.

I checked with him 2 days before that he was still coming and he said definitely, so I sent him loads of pictures because I wanted there to be no secrets and no haggling when he got here.

At 10pm the night before he called me saying he had some questions, like on this picture he asked if the white was where all the finish had worn off the neck and body (?!)

http://i63.tinypic.com/344fdz6.jpg

I said no, I took the pictures quickly with my phone and its just the reflection from the window.

We went through the pictures like that for a while with me saying no, that's not damage, until we got to this one

http://i63.tinypic.com/2n7gi2t.jpg

I said yes actually, that's a pin prick sized white mark on the top, but it's under where your arm would sit whilst playing.

He just simply said in that case he'd give it a miss. Then I think he tried to make me feel guilty for not disclosing the damage by saying he'd been withdrawing the money all week and that had he known he wouldn't have bothered.

I obviously was a bit taken aback cos it's a £3k guitar he's refusing at £1200 because of a small mark, but he said he had a brand new guitar and when he placed the 2 next to each other he would never feel right knowing that mark was there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    edited November 2015
    Shocking, I can't believe you didn't disclose that major, and frankly deal-breaking, hard core damage. That gigantic mark would obviously massively affect the feel and tone, in fact it must have virtually rendered the guitar unplayable. Some sellers, I don't know... 

;)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28104
    DefaultM said:
    it's under where your arm would sit whilst playing.

Classic mistake.

Why assume that the guitar was going to be played??

Most pleased that this has sold - I kept looking at it too.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7442
    For me the selling point of that guitar is the rosewood neck, so I did begin to suspect he had no intention of playing it when he started asking if the finish had worn off a neck that had none to begin with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • His loss my gain :) got to shift a Jaden rose and a Stormshadow now though before the wife kills me. And maybe a Jim root Strat too lol
  • Thanks for the info.
    Some buyers eh!!