Anybody else love that country Tele tone ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• gordijigordiji Frets: 815
    Great Paisely vid. Check out Doug Seven if you want insight into this style. His vids or downloads are great, well worth it if you can already play . ( and watch johnny hiland )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Old Albert Lee can give all those Nashville pickers a good run for their money. I think Eric Clapton credited him with being the best virtuoso player around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gordiji said:
    Great Paisely vid. Check out Doug Seven if you want insight into this style. His vids or downloads are great, well worth it if you can already play . ( and watch johnny hiland )
    I just watched Johnny Hiland, and cor he can play.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Looks like I'm the only one here that ain't a fan then...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11016

I was in a country music mixing session yesterday and the artist wanted to ditch the piano solo which was preceding the guitar solo on his record and wanted another guitar solo instead. I was asked to play it. All I had to hand was a Boss GT10 and a Strat. The second guitar solo was recorded by the house session guy at Muscle Shoals on a vintage Tele plugged into a vintage Fender amp. 

My efforts sounded absolutely shite in comparison. To get that tone you need a good Tele and the right amp which I haven't got :(
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    Danny1969 said:

I was in a country music mixing session yesterday and the artist wanted to ditch the piano solo which was preceding the guitar solo on his record and wanted another guitar solo instead. I was asked to play it. All I had to hand was a Boss GT10 and a Strat. The second guitar solo was recorded by the house session guy at Muscle Shoals on a vintage Tele plugged into a vintage Fender amp. 

My efforts sounded absolutely shite in comparison. To get that tone you need a good Tele and the right amp which I haven't got :(
    Oh shush now. Everybody knows old amps and old guitars are over rated, all the new equipment adverts tell you so!

;-)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    I bloody hate stetsens and line dancing...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Sassafras said:
    Old Albert Lee can give all those Nashville pickers a good run for their money. I think Eric Clapton credited him with being the best virtuoso player around.
    And despite that misleading recommendation, he is in fact quite brilliant. Saw him at the Robin in Bilston (Wolverhamptonshire) and was mesmerized by the sheer energy the guy had in his playing. I think therefore that to nail a good twang sound, you really do have to play like you love it 
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life