What are you guys using for a gigbag for leads etc

What's Hot
JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 184
I've been using just an old ruck sack for the last few years but am looking to get something with more pockets for capos and screw drivers and so on, what are you guys using? Any reccomendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    Old laptop bag here has loads of pockets
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    +1 for a laptop bag.
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    I use this - bloomin brilliant! Yes it's expensive but it has pockets for everything and wheels which is essential for the amount of cables I carry around!
    https://m.thomann.de/gb/udg_sling_bag_trolley_deluxe_black.htm?o=0&ref=mmc_a_0&search=1431594098
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7420
    Tool box from b&q. About a tenner.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Depends what you need, my fender bag (they seem to have discontinued it, the urban is probably the closest) has a pocket large enough to carry a laptop, with an extra pocket on the neck that would happily take capos and tuners. Only used it for going on flights though, I don't actually do gigs (but it made travelling with guitar and laptop simpler).
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    I made sure quite early on that my entire rig fits in a few hard cases and is quick to set up/ tear down since I do so many multi band gigs. So all the leads I need to get set up and soundchecked live in my flightcased pedalboard.

Then I've got spare cables, 9v power supply, valves, fuses and wirecutters along with an SM58+clip in one of these;

The idea is, I want to be comfortable throwing my entire rig into the corner of some grotty venue and not being too worried that another band is going to throw it around/ put a 4x12 on top of it/ spill drinks on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5318

My stuff all fits in to either my pedalboard case, my amp or the pockets on my lap steel case (which is really a rifle case).

I really ought to take a few tools to gigs. I suspect I could stash them in the lap steel bag.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2374
    look at fishing bags.. they're cheap, plenty of pockets, well padded...  
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    I also use a laptop bag.  And a nice brown and mustard yellow checked one it is too.  Because it's square it fits behind the amp nicely when i'm playing.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I use a Morrison's Bag For Life type of thing. Extremely Rock'n'Roll.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    Just a sports bag here. My pedalboard goes in there, too...
    <space for hire>
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I used to use a thick canvas fishing bag too. Tough as hell and soft enough to expand a bit if you need more gear if you need it.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    A hard case that was made originally for a 2U rack box, for basic stuff I always need. For bigger gigs in unknown places I also have an ex-army ammo box with DI boxes, extra leads and everything else in it.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 924
    I use one of those aluminium tool cases from B&Q which holds all the basic cables, spares, tools, strings, gaffa, etc. If I need a lot of stuff, I have a Boschma flight case that I got in a sale a couple of years ago. That doubles as an amp stand if I use my combo.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    drwiddly said:
    I use one of those aluminium tool cases from B&Q which holds all the basic cables, spares, tools, strings, gaffa, etc.
    Same here, but mine came from Maplins.

I keep my cables coiled and tied with those little velcro ties so it keeps them pretty neat in there. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I do that too. I had a couple of Planet Waves elastic ties that had outlived the PW cables they were attached to, and the last few cables I've bought have had velcro ties included. Wouldn't go back.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    I seem to have gone backwards, currently I trundle off to rehearsals and small country rock gigs with a big Sports Direct bag for life. Small pedal board, light, mains extn, spare leads, spare pedal power, file of song sheets, bottle of water.
    Two trips to the car, amp and bag then two guitars and mic stand.

I do have a couple of laptop bags, 4 of those metal briefcase/toolboxes a couple of wheeled trunks and a camera tripod bag for mic/guitar stand. Sometimes just travelling light is a pleasure.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Army surplus duffle bag.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5125
    Used to use my pedal board. Now I just use an old leather bag with a couple of pedals, some cables and a zoom mic.