Any Big Benders Like Them Thick?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Heavier strings on a Tele tend to give plenty power and clatter, but warmth and body then to come from factors like widerange pickups (humbuckers, P90s), hollow bodies, short scale lengths and mahogany ect. Telecasters are fairly bright and strident guitars.

A few string manufacturers make Vintage strings which are warmer but they don't last as long. Half rounds might also work.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    10's is the highest I'd go for standard tuning.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11976
    tFB Trader
    DrBob said:
    FelineGuitars;635094" said:
    Many of our customers use 10-52s which is like half a set of tens on the unwound strings with the bass strings from a set of 12sI sometimes find that the bass strings are a little bit too heavy on this set , and developed a set we are trialing with the bass strings from a set of our 11 gauge.So the string gauges go :  10,13,17,28,38,50

Liking them a lot so far.......just need a name for the set and a cool picture from Vince Ray to go on the packet.
    I think this sounds like the dream string set for me, let us know when you have them available !
    I have them available already - just no fancy labels on them yet . You can call me for a set if you want to try them

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!