Shameless Bonamassa marketing

What's Hot
robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3074
Anyone else think that this is just totally outrageous:

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I'm by no means a JB fan boy, but from what I've see/read/heard about him I'll stick my neck out and say that that is nothing to do with him on a personal level but he does probably need a chat with his marketing team...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    I hope he's not trying to sell a Gibson Lucille as well - this thread could go off like a rocket!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32045
    Anyone else think that this is just totally outrageous:

Where did you find it? I'm willing to bet it has absolutely nothing to do with him at all.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 726
    Yeah, I don't think that's quite the right way of marketing him. That's a little lame and cold. All that said, having worked in the music industry as a designer for donkeys (not so much nowadays), that's some muppet in the marketing dept, not him.
    brucegill said:
    Yeah, I don't think that's quite the right way of marketing him. That's a little lame and cold. All that said, having worked in the music industry as a designer for donkeys (not so much nowadays), that's some muppet in the marketing dept, not him.
    How do you know? It could just be a banner ad from Amazon or some other online retailer.
    OP didn't sat where he got it, it certainly doesn't look official.
    p90fool said:
    brucegill said:
    How do you know? It could just be a banner ad from Amazon or some other online retailer.

Well if it's Amazon, it would have still had a marketing muppet involved. Looks much the same as the crappy banners that keep popping up on Facebook. I'm guessing you work in marketing or got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 935
    They`ve been using those `like those...........` banners for a long time now. I`ve had them pop up on FB and Amazon I think. 
    brucegill said:
    p90fool said:
    brucegill said:

Well if it's Amazon, it would have still had a marketing muppet involved. Looks much the same as the crappy banners that keep popping up on Facebook. I'm guessing you work in marketing or got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
    Neither really, I also can't stand Joe Bonamassa's playing, it just this thread looks like an attack on him for his taste and timing when it probably has nothing to do with him or his team.
    I'm guessing he'd be pretty horrified by it.
    p90fool said:
    brucegill said:
    p90fool said:
    brucegill said:

Neither really, I also can't stand Joe Bonamassa's playing, it just this thread looks like an attack on him for his taste and timing when it probably has nothing to do with him or his team.
    I'm guessing he'd be pretty horrified by it.

Yeah, I understand where your coming from. I'm not a fan either and also not a fan of the bashing people get on forums etc... Like I said, I doubt he had much/anything to do with the banner. Not attacking him at all.
    Bizarrely, when you do a reverse image search, nothing comes up?!? Where did you find it @robinbowes
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3074
    It came from JBs Facebook page, linking back to his website. 

I  agree, it's almost certainly his marketing team, and he should have a word. R.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2925
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    I don't think Joe would be happy about this, BB was a friend and mentor to him.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I get this version on my facebook feed, I guess there's a version for loads of artists/bands. http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/E0AF0283-2F0A-4FF1-9B10-DBAB490A9C1C_zpsrf1sqoal.png
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I'd report Joe Bonamassa to Warwickshire Police.  
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'd report Joe Bonamassa to Warwickshire Police.  

Lol. Maybe JoBo should report The Internet.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    not_the_dj;636047" said:
    I get this version on my facebook feed, I guess there's a version for loads of artists/bands.

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj563/not_the_dj/E0AF0283-2F0A-4FF1-9B10-DBAB490A9C1C_zpsrf1sqoal.png
    Metallica. JB. ???? Wtf?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    blueskunk;635928" said:
    I'm saying nothing! I don't want to "offend" the delicate flowers who reside here
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2925
    Bloody hell my man, your account been hacked :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31266
    I have reposted this on the Bonamassa forum which he reads and replues to. Will be interested to see response.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom