Shameless Bonamassa marketing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 726
    @Gassage fair play. I would imagine they have a load of those banners with various other artists named. It would make sense as a (bad) marketing campaign. Then it probably got randomly picked, or previously scheduled, to be posted on FB. I really don't see that JB has much input to the FB page. I'd guess he has better things to do ;)

Bad timing or not, it's a hideous design and lame idea.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Fair dues, @Gassage.  I'm sure he'll come up with some excuse.  It'll be interesting to read for sure so it will.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3074
    As a general comment, I'm sick to the back teeth of JB publicity. He's a great player, if a bit of a mimic, but he needs to turn down his publicity machine.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    I'm sure Mr bonmassa would be appaled by this. No matter what people think of his playing he is a guy of some courtesy and grace. I'm sure he'll have words.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667

I had this one the other day only it was 'Like Soundgarden? Then you will like Bonamassa'.

How's that then? They're fuck all alike.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    SidNewton said:

I had this one the other day only it was 'Like Soundgarden? Then you will like Bonamassa'.

How's that then? They're fuck all alike.

I think they both covered Smokestack Lightning at some point so there is a bit of a link there.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2185
    Has anybody seen the Bonamassa site lately? I was curious to see if any guitarists had any tributes to BB. The Bonamassa website has so many pop ups, with adblock software on, literally half of the website is missing!
    I never knew he had his own brand of signature amplifer baffles!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    JoBo's just appeared as a recommended page in my Facebook news feed, with the caption "Like Jeff Beck? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa" - which is probably stretching a bit.

"Like Segovia? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

"Like Davy Graham? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

"Like Johnny Marr? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

Clearly his on-line team are working hard....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    These ads may be auto-generated using Spotify (or similar) data, a bit like the Amazon "people who bought this..."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1217
    edited May 2015
    These ads may be auto-generated using Spotify (or similar) data, a bit like the Amazon "people who bought this..."
    Must say that my first thought was some kind of auto-generated content from some kind of keyword/trending "newsjacking" application. 
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited May 2015
    JoBo's just appeared as a recommended page in my Facebook news feed, with the caption "Like Jeff Beck? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa" - which is probably stretching a bit.

"Like Segovia? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

"Like Davy Graham? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

"Like Johnny Marr? Then you'll like Joe Bonamassa".

Like Cheesy Chips? Then you'll like Curry Doughnuts.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If fairness I've seen this ad and ad's like it for a few months now l. So I don't think it was anyone trying to jump on the back of the great man's death.

Although, it can certainly appear that way
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32044
    Like Cheesy Chips? Then you'll like Curry Doughnuts.
    Yeah?
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    this just came up on his FB account, still seems a bit cheap (from whoever runs his account):

Thank you Norman's Rare Guitars for hooking me up with the final piece of my Three Kings guitar puzzle. The 1969 Walnut brown ES-355 just like BB played in Zaire in 1974.

JBWM: Want to see the special tribute to the 3 Kings of the Blues Joe is performing? Click here for tickets! http://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I dunno. I could imagine that he'd pretty upset right now that his mentor has died and wanted to buy something to mark the occasion. Might be nothing like that at all of course.

Not being an apologist, but I don't see this has him cashing in. If there's anyone in the world who wouldn't proactively try to make something out of BB's death, its JB.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I don't think it is JB to be fair, but maybe his team?

It just seems like the entire world of JB is 

Like this brand, check out JB playing it
    Like this artistist, then you should watch some JB
    Like this breakfast cereal? CHECK OUT JB EATING IT!
    POW POW POW

it's like a kids tv advert haha