New Guitar Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    RMJ;639009" said:
    Congrats! I miss my McCarty. Why on EARTH did I chop it in!?!?!?!
    Because you're a guitarist and we're a fickle needy bunch. ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 796
    Congrats. Mine is very similar albeit with the rotary switch (which i like) and no trem. I found the dragon II's ok but for the price of the guitar i wondered if they were it's weakspot. Put some BKP abraxas in and it's so much better, a keeper.
    Have fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Congrats, that is a beauty, I'll give you a 10!
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 455
    Unfortunately I can't do any sound clips but I'm sure I saw some decent reviews when researching it. 

Can't recommend them highly enough - if the 57/08s etc are a big improvement on the Dragons then I'd really like to try them out. 

Does anyone own a pre 08 and post 08 PRS with the new pickups?
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I'm going to do sound clips with 57/08s and 59/09s in about a weeks' time. 
    @jeztone2 - still loving the colour of your new one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5114
    edited May 2015
    Nice guitar. Personally I prefer the wide-fat necks but that looks lovely all over! :)

And what's wrong with PRS cases? They're not much different to the ones you get with CS Fenders and you don't see complaints about those. I use a gigbag with my McCarty anyway, much more convenient.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I'm going to do sound clips with 57/08s and 59/09s in about a weeks' time. 
    @jeztone2 - still loving the colour of your new one!

Now I've got the CU22 dialled in, I'm not playing it that much. But I've just joined a new band & the CU22 seems to suit the sound more than the Tele. But I bought the 24 Floyd because part of me wants to be a vulgar 22 year old & play Dio tunes on it. So it's my Classic Rock axe. I'm thinking about an inexpensive backup next with a wide fat neck. The Fredrick Akesson SE is appealing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    jeztone2 said:
     Enjoy it dude. 
    Thanks mate, I intend to :) It's got a natural back to it which looks great. I always think it's a shame that the darker models end up with a black back and sides.

The CUFloyd you've got is lovely. I was so tempted to get one when GuitarGuitar had deals on a few of them. 

Any chance of a picture with the new - 6 was switch fitted. Did you do it yourself?
    Sassafras said:
    Why do people call PRSs flashy and yet Les Pauls are usually described as tasteful?
    At least PRS don't have a load of cheap looking white plastic binding all over them.
    I like that guitar.
    It's a bit of a mystery - I think the image of our working class heros playing LPs has them as a more down to earth brand.

Second hand PRS are a steal these days and generally cheaper than LP equivalents. The Gibson LP 2015 is pretty flashy!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2179
    Ahh lovely guitar, my ideal custom 22, love this colour!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    In case you never saw, here is the thread with pickup comparisons:

There was a guy playing a Les Paul last night. I used to think "wow, so cool" but honestly, my Cu24 looked and sounded way better!
    edited May 2015
    DrJazzTap said:
    Ahh lovely guitar, my ideal custom 22, love this colour!
    It is nice - oddly enough the first thing the colour reminded me of was a Slash Les Paul 

Thanks for the link - I'll give them a listen when I can get access to some decent speakers.

Was the purple one still at home in the case?
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Elwood said:
    jeztone2 said:
     Enjoy it dude. 
    Thanks mate, I intend to :) It's got a natural back to it which looks great. I always think it's a shame that the darker models end up with a black back and sides.

The CUFloyd you've got is lovely. I was so tempted to get one when GuitarGuitar had deals on a few of them. 

Any chance of a picture with the new - 6 was switch fitted. Did you do it yourself?

Off to work now so prob tomorrow. @Felineguitars fitted the switch. It's a great alternative to the rotary & IMHO works well. But if your heavy handed perhaps not.
    Purple one gets played, gigged just the once. 
    I like it but it is very similar to the orange one. Did contemplate trading n, maybe for a Suhr Modern.. or maybe just for cash. Probably wont, though - trade-in values suck.
    I must admit the low second hand prices on PRS was a benefit. I was going to buy one anyway but it's a buyers market in the normal Custom models.

@thomasross20 Yours is an Artist or a wood library edition isn't it. Maple neck with ebony board?
    Go and stick a picture of the purple one up please. It's a lovely guitar!
    The purple one!? I'm surprised as people think that sounds the best (not in my opinion) and one person said it lookedl ike a hooker's handbag lol! Here they are.
    Orange is 2013 Experience Model, 57/08s. 
    Purple is 2014 Wood Library Model, 59/09s. 
    Both have satin maple neck and ebony fretboard. 

I might go to GuitarGuitar Newcastle this weekend to scope out some Suhr Moderns - dark thoughts of trading the purple one but know I wouldn't get the dosh for it...

Caught this cool vid.