The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Maybe not enough runs on the board to chase, but will be nice to see Root or Bairstow get a ton in front of their home crowd today
    You've probably doomed them!

It will have to be a Lancashire player who gets the runs (Buttler).
    crunchman said:
    Bairstow out first ball. @guitars4you to blame.
    if you look at the timing of my post and that 1st wicket there is very little in it - Hard to believe
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1199
    ^^^^^ All of the above.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    These 2 matches England have lost have almost seemed to able to call the loss in the first few overs of batting, its like they don’t turn up to bat some days.

It’s weird, only England can come from a multi record breaking match with the most 6s to a poor slump like this.

I fear they will now struggle to get to the semis. Need some exceptional batting to get through. Dig deep boys!

• shrinkwrapshrinkwrap Frets: 512
    Gah.. usually like watching Malinga. Had to find a dodgy site to watch the last overs in best pixelated jittering style - Guardian text updates too stressful.
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Well that was utterly gash. ODI cricket from the Giles/Moores era. 

Losing against a team on an 11 match losing streak was bad, but this Ceylon side is truly terrible. I don’t think we’ll make the semis now. 

Vince nowhere near good enough, and someone needs to take Moeen to a laboratory and grow him a brain in time for the next match. Some really shocking shots today. They obviously believe their own hype, and they’ve been brought crashing back down to earth. Again. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    Excellent bowling from Afghanistan, if they can pull off a win it will be the rgeatest world cup shock of all time, surely.
    edited June 2019
    scrumhalf said:
    Excellent bowling from Afghanistan, if they can pull off a win it will be the rgeatest world cup shock of all time, surely.
    Interesting. India spinners should easily bowl them for less than 224 but an upset would be fun!

edited June 2019
    Bums getting twitchy in Delhi until those 2 wickets I reckon. I think India will skittle them

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    Bums getting twitchy in Delhi until those 2 wickets I reckon. I think India will skittle them
    I reckon more twitchy now....
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    40 off the last five overs. Ooooh... 
  • They need one big over. 
  • ....and a few more wickets in hand. 
    tFB Trader
    I’m going to predict a last baller. 4 to win off the last ball. 

• Bollocks
    That was quite a finish, cracking game. Hard luck Afghanistan. 
    Shame. Would love to have seen Kohli’s face if the Afghans had turned them over. Oh and the “Indian” crowd. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Shame. Would love to have seen Kohli’s face if the Afghans had turned them over. Oh and the “Indian” crowd. 
    Would of been a beautiful site had they lost....

so who’s your world cup winner after what you’ve seen? I still hold hope for England, one more win should guarantee a semis place...but I hate to say it, I think Australia will win the cup.

How do the top 4 places regulate the semis?

i can see an England v NZ final, but not sure how the semis are decided, is it 1 v 3 and 2 v 4? 

so who’s your world cup winner after what you’ve seen? I still hold hope for England, one more win should guarantee a semis place...but I hate to say it, I think Australia will win the cup.

i can see an England v NZ final, but not sure how the semis are decided, is it 1 v 3 and 2 v 4? 
    I think it's 1 v 4 and 2 v 3.

Assuming that the top four are England, India, Australia and New Zealand any of them could win it. On any given day any of them can beat the others.
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for that. 
    that’s the thing, wouldn’t be surprised if England win the remaining 3 games v Aus, Ind and NZ, but equally wouldn’t be too suprised if they lost. 

I think India win it. Solid with the bat. Solid with the ball. Bumrah is ridiculous. 

Unimpressed by NZ so far, but they’ve managed to close out some tight matches. 

Australia won’t win. Warner and Khawaja might be scoring runs, but they’re scoring them too slowly. Great pace attack, but spinners are poor, and that’s what will count now they’re starting to play on used pitches. 

England... gah! We really need Roy to be fit for Aus, and to stay fit. Vince cannot play another match for England if we are to have any hope of getting to the semis. Bairstow could do with stopping getting out 1st ball too. Hales should have been in the squad, despite his lapse in judgement. I’d have Plunkett in for Woakes every time. Wood and Archer need to play every match. Rashid has been poor, but there’s no alternative. Moeen... yikes. He’s won us a match, but has cost us two with his brain dead batting.

Sri Lanka are suddenly looking a bit close for comfort. 2 points behind, and they have SA, WI and India left to play. Will be interesting to see how India perform in the final group match if they have already qualified... that could end up costing England.

SF
    1. India
    2. NZ
    3. Aus
    4. England (maybe SL)

India beats England. Aus beat India.

India wipe the floor with Aus in the final. Warner and Smith cry, and everyone laughs at them.