The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14196

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1004
    edited July 2019
    Yip.   They can lose because it rains so much there isn’t room for twenty overs a side. 

Edit: Sorry missed the bit where it’d moved into the ashes 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11668
    It's all well and good having a reserve day and carrying on from where they left off but the NZ batsmen, who would have been in the give-it-a-right-old-tonk phase will now have to play themselves in and somehow regain momentum for the last few balls of their innings.

As I understand it there is no allowance made for this break in play. Seems a bit unfair to me.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1204
    I've spent all day avoiding any news programmes and not looked at anything on my phone either.  I don't have Sky, so I've been looking forward to the highlights on C4 at 11:00 this evening.  Some stupid dating programme on.....I google to find out what's happened.  Bugger !!!
    I agree, impossible to pick up the momentum from a fresh start on a different day.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    Wow - India are 5-3. Would love to see India not make the final.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716
    This could get interesting.
    24-4, brilliant catch. Pandiya in ahead of Dhoni. What a catch by Neesham. 
    Well played New Zealand, that was fantastic. 
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31576

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    If there’s anything more funny or satisfying in cricket than when the cameras pan to the faces of the smug and arrogant Indian fans after they’ve lost, I’m yet to find it. 

Dhoni cost them another match. Lols. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    NZ v India - Totally glad for NZ - Great game - Amazing how such low score games can be so thrilling - drama big time - Credit to Dohni and Jadeja for making such a big fight of it

Don't like Kohli - But feel sorry for Dohni - I see Dohni as a good guy - I see Kohli as a nasty guy - Yes he is an awesome player, but always looks so nasty, so good to see him out of the CWC - Especially when he was out on such a LBW call - He likes them when they go his way of course - He appears to have little respect for the opposition and the game other than him
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14196
    edited July 2019
    Well tuk tuk me! NZ in the final, how about that.

Eng v Aus, could be decided in the first 10 overs either way tomorrow.

Eng v NZ final would be nice. I have a very busy day tomorrow at work but will need to keep my phone to hand for score updates. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Looking at comments from Kohli after the match - Granted I have not seen the live interview, only select comments on the BBC site - But he is an arrogant twat - He passed comment that India had topped the table and played outstanding cricket throughout the tournament but wrecked it with a poor 45  - Yes they did 

Not once did he say that NZ found it tough in their innings but worked hard to post 239

Not once did he say that NZ bowled exceptionally well in that early period to cause India problems

Not once did he say that the 2 younger layers Pant and Pandya batted with some intent to try and establish a fight back

Not once did he comment about a fine knock by Jadeja - Or indeed the typical fight back by Dohni who nearly took us to victory - Only to be denied by a fine magical moment by Guptil

No praise at all to anyone - Just we were poor for 45 mins - Therefore an interpretation might be we lost the match and they didn't 'win it'
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    Criminals win toss and bat first. Oh well, there’s always 2023. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    Criminals win toss and bat first. Oh well, there’s always 2023. 
    Buttler special in the chase. Bring it on!
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3591
    Big toss to lose. 

Anything less than a truly exceptional bowling performance and it's the Australians. 
    Looking at comments from Kohli after the match - Granted I have not seen the live interview, only select comments on the BBC site - But he is an arrogant twat - He passed comment that India had topped the table and played outstanding cricket throughout the tournament but wrecked it with a poor 45  - Yes they did 

Not once did he say that NZ found it tough in their innings but worked hard to post 239

Not once did he say that NZ bowled exceptionally well in that early period to cause India problems

Not once did he say that the 2 younger layers Pant and Pandya batted with some intent to try and establish a fight back

Not once did he comment about a fine knock by Jadeja - Or indeed the typical fight back by Dohni who nearly took us to victory - Only to be denied by a fine magical moment by Guptil

No praise at all to anyone - Just we were poor for 45 mins - Therefore an interpretation might be we lost the match and they didn't 'win it'
    Aside from mentioning Pant, he pretty much addressed all those points and more in his full speech. 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/27161475/forty-five-minutes-bad-cricket-knocked-us-virat-kohli

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11716

Good start.

Both openers in the first 3 overs.  Given that they have been the backbone of the convicts' batting, it's looking good so far.

And it's 3! 

Handscomb could have been out pretty much every single ball he faced.