Gibson LP Signature T now £780

What's Hot

Comments

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    @terada: Thank you. Pictures are so much more descriptive than words!!!  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    Bad reviews on Thomann... and yes, looks crap
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I would be grateful if someone could please explain what Gibson means by 

1. "traditional weight relief" 
    2. "traditional body rout" 
    3. "modern weight relief".

If I am looking for an LP Standard/Studio, I would want one which is solid (like they were originally made), and has not been excavated by a JCB digger, or have the mahogany body drilled out with cavities.

I understand that these guitars are beyond my budget, but what should I be looking for?

I think a Japanese Tokai would be solid wood?  That might be the best option if you don't want to spend Custom Shop money.
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    these are brilliant guitars. I picked up one couple of months back in black with the min-etune.

Mine was perfect. Much better quality than my Custom shop  DG335 which i had to send back to be repaired.

The cases are much better than anyones gibson now use as they are made in Canada rather than China.

Mine was set up perfectly and the whole guitar was just amazing for the price.

When these came out they were priced just below standards so thats a hell of a guitar for the money.

I would not want the white one though. the dealer i bought the black one from said that some look of but the majority are horrible in the flesh unless you get one with the upgraded gold hardware

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12064
    sunshinewelly;642543" said:
    these are brilliant guitars. I picked up one couple of months back in black with the min-etune.

Mine was perfect. Much better quality than my Custom shop  DG335 which i had to send back to be repaired.

The cases are much better than anyones gibson now use as they are made in Canada rather than China.

When these came out they were priced just below standards so thats a hell of a guitar for the money.

I would not want the white one though. the dealer i bought the black one from said that some look of but the majority are horrible in the flesh unless you get one with the upgraded gold hardware
    The difference is that yours came set up by the store. Thomann's will be set up by Gibson...
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    At £800 I'm so tempted, not that I need another LP, or even guitar, but still :D
  • underdog;642630" said:
    At £800 I'm so tempted, not that I need another LP, or even guitar, but still :D
    Me too.

Not sure why the gold hardware would make any difference though
  • underdog;642630" said:
    Me too.

Not sure why the gold hardware would make any difference though
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    A different colour would have me salivating, though if it was a different colour, I guess it wouldn't still be hanging around 2 years later, unless it was a dog.
    The colour is an advantage, won't feel guilty 're finishing it :D
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3705
    sunshinewelly;642543" said:

The difference is that yours came set up by the store. Thomann's will be set up by Gibson...
    If you factor in a pro set up you are still getting a bargain.
  • Down to £780 now
  • Will be a fiver by the end of the week
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    It looks awful so whoever buys it will find it impossible to sell at anything like a sensible price, when finally go "what the hell was I thinking?" :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    I'd need to see it in the flesh to judge properly.

Mind you, for £780 you could get it refined in absolutely whatever finish you fancied and it would still be very cheap for a proper Gibson.
    UnclePsychosis;643959" said:

Mind you, for £780 you could get it refined in absolutely whatever finish you fancied and it would still be very cheap for a proper Gibson.
    Exactly my thoughts, I'm thinking a good way to get my copper top les Paul.
  • How much is a refinish then chaps and who is the man to take it to?
    Fortheloveofguitar;643971" said:
    How much is a refinish then chaps and who is the man to take it to?
    My choice would be @lamf68 his work looks awesome and he's conveniently in my town :D

• lamf68lamf68 Frets: 851
    underdog said:

I'm almost ready to paint my Esquire in Copper Crescent Bronze Powder. Been waiting 2 years to get the paint on it!

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    lamf68 said:
    underdog said:

I'm almost ready to paint my Esquire in Copper Crescent Bronze Powder. Been waiting 2 years to get the paint on it!

Ooh! Would like to see that.