2»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27867
    Oxford dictionary says:

"To Injure or kill (someone) by electric shock"
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1614
    Get £5 socket tester from B&Q and plug it into the socket to check its OK. DIY stores are open today, amp technicians wont be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3185
    Bit late on parade on this one, but just wanted to add the above advice check everything is correct. However surprised no one has passed comment on the "just switched sockets put on a pair of slippers and carried on" bit.Exceedingly stupid to say the least!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73155
    Parker said:
    1nten5e said:
    Hey ICBM, this is a bugbear of mine, due to my electrical background, but it's ounnecessary to put "fatally" in front of 'electrocuted'
    I guess that depends if you're English or American - I'm a safety professional (an arsehole in both countries!) and you can be injured by electrocution in the UK. :p
    Electrocution isn't *always* fatal in the US either, even when they do it on purpose... sometimes it takes more than one go.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Is 'execution' sometimes not fatal?

:p
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73155
    1nten5e said:
    Is 'execution' sometimes not fatal?

:p
    Sadly that isn't funny.

Not always. Or not on the first attempt, anyway.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/some-examples-post-furman-botched-executions

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    It wasn't supposed to be funny, I was trying to make a point.... Surely if it's not successful the victim hasn't strictly been 'executed" have they?

I feel a bit pedantic now, it's got a but silly and I didn't intend it from my first comment, sorry folks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom