Advice from Greco experts?

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
I know nothing about Grecos except that there seems to be a bit of kudos about some of them....

I've been offered an early 80s Greco Les Paul (serial no. 93403) flame top as a part exchange but I've no idea what it's worth. There are a couple on eBay ranging from £500-800 but I don't know if that's the going rate or if the sellers are over optimistic.

At thd moment I know nothing else about the guitar but any advice on value would be appreciated and also tips on what to check.

Cheers all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1471
    edited May 2015
    Pics would be helpful particularly of the headstock, however it is possibly a mint collection if it is post '82. Great guitars, long neck tennon, nice medium to chunky necks, the screamin 82 pickups are ok if you like rocky stuff but a not very open / PAF sounding. 

Will probably have a thick maple top with a flame laminate which can lift a bit if it has been beaten up. Neck pickup cavity pics will also help.
  • zenzeypherzenzeypher Frets: 265
    edited May 2015
    Do you know what model it is EG500, 600, 900, 1000, 59 and so on and so fourth? (I am NOT sure if they labelled them as such in the 80's)

I've owned an EG900 and a 500, for a very brief stink an 80's EG59 - Absolutely great guitars.

EG900 was £8000 if I remember rightly. (maple cap not laminate, one piece back, sold for obscenely cheap and that's a mega regret of mine)
    EG59 was £600
    EG400 was £40

I'm no expect but I know quite a bit about em' just to give you some infos for something else to go on.

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
    Thanks for the help so far.

Unfortunately I know nothing more at the moment and may not knowing anything until the moment of seeing it to do a deal so as much info as poss would help.

Is it possible to identify the year / model from the serial number? (93403)

Any tips on how to identify the model if it's not clearly marked?

Other than the comments already made, which are the models to go for in terms of value?
  • photekphotek Frets: 1471
    I would be reluctant to do a deal like that if I were you chap. Ask for pics before he turns up so you can do some research. I doubt it will be worth less than £400 whatever it is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Good advice - cheers.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    From the serial, it's either a 1979, 1989, or 1999.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    It would also help to get the serial number on the back of the pickups.
    Thanks for that. I don't think this deal is going anywhere but cheers for all the help.