Parcelfarce

What's Hot
usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
Ordered something from Germany, last week. Horrible, sleepless night last night. Woken by banging on door at 7.27. Went down, but they'd gone. A bit later, I check my email, etc. Attempted delivery, by Parcelfarce, at 7.27, according to tracking info. I go to look for the card, to see what to do next. No card. Wtf???
 so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    edited May 2015
    Ring them & give them your tracking number and then you can collect from your local depot.
    I had the same thing happen to me last week. Just take photo ID with you.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Go to your local sorting office demand he is fired immediately
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I just want them to deliver my shit. If it's at the local Parcelfarce depot, its not that convenient, tbh. I don't want anyone sacked, either..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Why not? nothing better than a public sacking.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I'm fairly sure the card would say that they'll try again tomorrow.      I'm waiting in today for a similar delivery, hopefully it comes this morning while I'm guarding the door.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    capo4th said:

I agree.

Recent employment statistics show high quality jobs are being created on a daily basis - the Tories are always keen to let us know. So sack the driver, he can always find another job, perhaps a better one. Hell, he may even get one with a contract and holiday pay !

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Er, what exactly did the postie do wrong? Give you a horrible sleepless night? Bang on the door too loud? Accurately update the tracking info so you and the sender would get a timely update?

You need to get over your bad mood ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    capo4th said:

Sacking's too good for these people. They should be flayed and made to stand in the stocks for a fortnight and their wives and children taken into the workhouse, fed on nothing but thin gruel and stale bread that the rats have overlooked. 
    Anything else is too lenient.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    Sassafras said: 

Sacking's too good for these people. They should be flayed and made to stand in the stocks for a fortnight and their wives and children taken into the workhouse, fed on nothing but thin gruel and stale bread that the rats have overlooked. 
    Anything else is too lenient.
    That punishment is currently reserved for the unemployed and disabled in the July budget.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    John_P said:
    I'm fairly sure the card would say that they'll try again tomorrow.      I'm waiting in today for a similar delivery, hopefully it comes this morning while I'm guarding the door.
    There was no card. I phoned the track and trace help number on the website, and after speaking to a robot for 5 minutes, managed to rearrange delivery for tomorrow.

mrchi said:
    All heart, aren't you..?!

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22135
    mrchi said:
    Public hanging FTW. 

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited May 2015
    Ah well early bird catches the worm
    Chalky said:
    Er, what exactly did the postie do wrong? Give you a horrible sleepless night? Bang on the door too loud? Accurately update the tracking info so you and the sender would get a timely update?

You need to get over your bad mood ;)
    Comedian, eh? 

;)

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    edited May 2015
    Postie told me that on one day his boss received two complaints about him...

"He must have knocked on the door very very quietly because I was only watching the telly but never 'erd nuffink!

and

"He banged on the door so loud that my old mum thought it was burglars so she wouldn't answer the door so I've had to take time off work to pick up this parcel for her!"

Parcelforce drivers have to put up with a LOT of this shit. Would you? :))
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Tracking update from the Germans. Apparently, they will attempt redelivery the same day.. We shall see...

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    usedtobe said:
    Tracking update from the Germans. Apparently, they will attempt redelivery the same day.. We shall see...
    Dear Englander

Ve tried to bomb your Haus but you vere out. Our Heinkels vill be back later.

Yours, The Luftwaffe
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22135
    usedtobe said:
    "Dear Mr Cameron,

We tried to deliver the EU renegotiations as promised. You weren't in to accept them so we will return another day". 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haha.. Daft sods! ;)

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365

I'm amazed that any company would use Parcelfarce to deliver guitars.

Firstly, PF won't insure musical instruments for more than £200, even if sent in a hard case (which is a requirement of their T&C's). They'll happily sell you completely useless extra insurance, but most people don't notice you can't actually use it.

Secondly, they're shit.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom