Parcelfarce

What's Hot

Comments

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Never had a problem with Parcelforce and have used them many times.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
    I'm glad for you @Chalky, and I guess everyone's experiences differ. All I'd say is there's lots of horror stories from people who have had problems with them: guitars and amps turning up smashed, cards stuffed through doors when there has patently been no attempt to deliver, stuff lost or mislaid. Personally I'd never use them, their compensation policy is enough to put me off.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    It's not a guitar..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Ah I thought this was a guitar thread....
    edited May 2015
    Oh, no, the pitchforks will be coming out, now! Erm, I mean it is a guitar. Yes, definitely a guitar.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Heh heh rumbled!
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2555
    edited May 2015
    Parcelforce delivered my new speaker grill cloth from Solsounds today on time as expected so I'm feeling the love for the Parcelforce man and his little red van.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 843
    Parcelforce arnt supposed to attempt delivery until after 8am..........
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16680
    At my old house parcelforce used to always tell me to pick up from the local depot - 3 miles away.  I would arrange for redelivery to a post office 2 minutes walk away and pick up the next day

I then move a mile up the road past the local post office.  The post office is now 10 minutes walk away, still only a 2 minute drive.   

Parcelforce now do "convenient delivery" at my address which means they will automatically leave it at the local post office.   

This is a brilliant idea, except my "local" post office is apparently not the one that's closest.  Its one in a village on the outskirts of town.  It actually means I now have to drive past my local post office and past the local depot to get to my "convenient delivery".   The real kick in the teeth, the post office i get sent to has the worst opening hours of all of them.  rather than consistently being able to get my parcels the day after the first delivery I now often have to wait a day or two to fit it into my schedule.
    JD50;649337" said:
    Heh heh rumbled!
    You got me!

;)

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    paulmapp8306;649345" said:
    Nope, it's 7am onwards
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Never had any probs with them until recently, when I bought an SG Junior on Ebay and it never arrived..
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    Nunogilberto said:

Never had any probs with them until recently, when I bought an SG Junior on Ebay and it never arrived..
    Did you buy it from someone called Jonathan?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited May 2015
    @ICBM Well, a fella called John...
    Well...

I've waited in all day. I checked the tracking service, about 16.30 and apparently they attempted delivery at 12.20...

They're digging the road up, outside, so there's a fair bit of noise out there, and the wife thought she heard the doorbell, around that time, and I went to investigate, but there was no sign of anyone..

Again, there was no card through the door. I've phoned up, and spoken to a young girl, who assures me they'll deliver on Monday, and knock really loudly. I was going to go out on Monday, but never mind, eh..?

Bought the *guitar* ;) from some guy called Thomann. Seems legit - got a website, and everything..!

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post my Parcelforce cock up to the day here. Yesterday I went to the post office and paid £30 to send something to Finland. I went out this morning and when I got back the first thing Mrs RHC said to me is "Why did you buy another one of those?" and pointed to the object on the side which I'd posted the day before, 200yd up the road. Clearly concerned I may have regretted selling it Parcelforce kindly delivered it back to me, just in case. Twats
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    paulmapp8306;649345" said:
    Nope, it's 7am onwards
    Yeah, they deliver to businesses between 7am-9am, and from 5pm-7pm, and at homes between 9am-5pm. It's a great system for missing anyone with a job.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    WezV said:
    Parcelforce now do "convenient delivery" at my address which means they will automatically leave it at the local post office.   

This is a brilliant idea, except my "local" post office is apparently not the one that's closest.  Its one in a village on the outskirts of town.  It actually means I now have to drive past my local post office and past the local depot to get to my "convenient delivery".   The real kick in the teeth, the post office i get sent to has the worst opening hours of all of them.  rather than consistently being able to get my parcels the day after the first delivery I now often have to wait a day or two to fit it into my schedule.

I don't understand why they don't just deliver the the front desks of 24 hour supermarkets. It'd need a bit of infrastructure (a few lockers), but it solves the main issue with parcel deliveries, and you wouldn't need to pay shops much/anything as it'd get you in the door. Oh, and supermarkets tend to have car parks, because they expect customers to come, whereas that always seems to be a surprise to post offices and depots.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jimboflojojimboflojo Frets: 122
    Not as bad as yodel though, got a card through door saying it was left in 120 "bin"- yep in the wheelie bin. Rubbish :)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    Better than DPD in my experience.  Are UPS the only good one?