Which guitar with hum buckers?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:

Japanese Charvel Pro-mod.

I thinks this falls under Ibanez etc
    except the models are Strat and Tele based, no pointy headstocks etc........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited May 2015
    siraxeman;651075" said:
    Them there Lemon Drops are nice geetars for the money as are the Vintage SGs....cawn't go rong wi'either ah tells thee!
    I've got a Lemon Drop- only HB guitar I need.
    That said, if you happen to stumble across a Squire Trohman tele, buy it! Two buckers & possibly the nicest neck I've ever played. You'd still have a bunch o'change for other purposes.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3623
    SG.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q;651251" said:
    I don't understand why the hum from your single-coils should have suddenly become any worse than usual in the last few days.  Are you playing in a different room/environment?
    Yes, this.

If it's interference noise shielding the cavity could help, if it's not already done. But if it's hum, it's hum...

My noise levels get insane if the upstairs lights are switched on, regardless of humbucker or not. If it's that kind of problem, it's not worth changing.
  • xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    siraxeman;651075" said:
    Them there Lemon Drops are nice geetars for the money as are the Vintage SGs....cawn't go rong wi'either ah tells thee!
    They CAN be nice, but try Vintage guitars before buying if poss.

I think their build quality/ QC can vary. E.G. the new Lemon Drop I tried recently seemed to have wiring issues.
  • Environment not changed but tge hum definitely has.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12901
    Environment not changed but tge hum definitely has.
    Do you live in a flat/terraced house? 

My guitar spot used to be hum-free but my neighbours obviously bought some new electronics because there's something through the wall that makes my stuff hum now 
    :(
  • No I do live in a busy shared house though so could be one of the housemates.
  • ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    Maybe go for a mxr noise clamp/gate, check for ground loops in your setup, all cables, turn 90 degrees, cavity foiling copper tape with either conductive adhesive or solder the joints, noisy effects. Even some single coils are more receptive to interference than others.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    SG or 335

wis for them that also suggested these :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I played out of my house the other day and ot didn't do it anywhere near. Something in the room or in my house!