NGD - that thread about Raygun Relics escalated quickly

What's Hot
BucketBucket Frets: 7751
edited May 2015 in Guitar
I couldn't just sit idly by and let this get snapped up by someone else, could I? After some emails, I agreed to trade with Graham for my Vintage SG Junior, and got this for an even more reasonable price than it was already up for. I was completely knocked out when I first saw the photos of the Raygun stuff, particularly the DC Juniors, which look a million dollars - I really did think they'd be four-figure prices when I saw the photos. So I made some enquiries and here we are.

I am happy to report that my first impression - "That looks like it should cost several thousand" - holds up under close inspection. This guitar looks utterly wonderful, the finish is gorgeous. The guitar itself feels good too - nice chunky neck (but not a tree trunk) and very, very light - Graham reckoned it was about 6 1/2 lb, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was less. Feels lighter even than my featherweight SG did, and the shape is much better balanced too, so ergonomically I'm a happy bunny. Plays well too, although I think I might try to get the action a tad lower.

I agreed with Graham that the guitars would be shipped without pickups, which meant I could keep the awesome P-90 from @TheGuitarWeasel that I had in the SG, and drop it into this. Then he could keep the Mojo that used to be in this, and pop it in the SG or whatever else. The ASL sounded pretty great in the SG, but it sounds even better in this. Significantly better in fact. Really great-sounding pickup which has come alive in its new situation.

I've not had a huge amount of play time on it yet, but my initial impressions are extremely promising. So without further ado, onto the reason we all come into NGD threads:

Close-up of the back, with that gorgeous TV white (and my cool strap):

The headstock:

Oh man, it's so awesome. I love it!
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
1reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments