NPUD..... APerfect addition to a lovely guitar

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6147
edited May 2015 in Guitar tFB Trader
Thanks to @FelineGuitars I now have a strat that sounds right for me. I've always had a love hate thing with the strat, this is a classic player 60s and despite my best efforts the 69 customshop bridge pickup was just not right for me. Enter Jonathan and the bareknuckle trilogy bridge pickup and all my questions have been answered. More bass, more mids and more output....but it still sounds stratty. Perfect http://i.imgur.com/dD6nb9Y.jpg
Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Love BKP.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    Looks great, but FYI: it's a Classic series, not a Classic Player. :)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6147
    tFB Trader

that's a different(more expensive) guitar , this is definitely a classic player 60's strat
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    edited May 2015
    Classic Player is more expensive than classic series.

How many mounting screws on the bridge?
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

tFB Trader
    MattFGBI said:

well either way my classic player 60s strat is lovely, very happy and even more so now. It's a great series of guitars, I bought a classic baja at the same time, wonderful too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Nice looking fingerboard!

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 720
    Trem looks a bit baulky....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2015
    thorpy6;652150" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

that's a different(more expensive) guitar , this is definitely a classic player 60's strat
    I think you're getting mixed up with the AVRI series. If your trem has 6 mounting screws, then it's not a Classic Player.

*edit* those frets look wider than vintage though, maybe an FSR @MattFGBI ?
    edited May 2015 tFB Trader
    thorpy6;652150" said:
    guitargeek62 said:

I think you're getting mixed up with the AVRI series. If your trem has 6 mounting screws, then it's not a Classic Player.

*edit* those frets look wider than vintage though, maybe an FSR @MattFGBI ?

well the receipt from guitar village says classic player....... And it has two mounting screws, and the paperwork that came with it says classic player too. It's this guitar...... http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/guitars/stratocaster/classic-player-60s-stratocaster-rosewood-fingerboard-candy-apple-red/
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    I'd say the owner knows best!!

Might have been the heel adjustment for the truss rod that threw us off
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22839
    Sounds like it's Classic Player, then!  >:D<

CAR must be a relatively new colour, I think originally the '60s model was only available in Sonic Blue and sunburst.

I stand corrected! I haven't seen a CAR CP one before, but there's plenty of CAR Classics out there and it's pretty hard to tell without seeing the bridge! :)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30921
    @thorpy6

Don't forget to remove those hidden trem shims. I can just make them out in the pic.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Lovely guitar.

The difference between Classic Player and Classic Series are fairly important and hopefully understood by everybody reading this. I went to look at a Classic Series on Gumtree  and after a few minutes said : "Oh.....I'm choking."
    To be fair, he did get me a glass of water.

tFB Trader
    Here's a picture of the trem, I do believe the car is a new addition to the classic player series. As I can't justify a custom shop strat at the moment, this is the perfect stand in for me. http://i.imgur.com/5v5iJVe.jpg
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    MattFGBI said:

How many mounting screws on the bridge?
    Though in reality, they are basically the same quality guitar.  In the states these things go for the same kind of money, it just seems that over here they are a loss leader or something and are significantly cheaper than the Classic Player.  No idea why this is.  As a result it makes the Classic Series (Strats and Teles) the best value for money Fender guitars that you can buy in this Country.  Not often we get a guitar that costs the same in the UK as it does in the States.
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    It's a Classic Player then!

Probably the best value for money Fender guitar available.
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

tFB Trader
    MattFGBI said:
    It's a Classic Player then!

Probably the best value for money Fender guitar available.
    Cant argue with this, i researched the range for ages and decided on this guitar based on the top specs, the smaller headstock, rosewood fretboard and the customshop looks/design/pickups. very happy indeed.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    It's a fuckin beauty mate, damn u though !!!

U have ignited the old gas flames my man :)

Btw - Baja Teles are the best axes along with the classic player strats without spending a bag.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    blueskunk said:
    It's a fuckin beauty mate, damn u though !!!

U have ignited the old gas flames my man :)

Btw - Baja Teles are the best axes along with the classic player strats without spending a bag.
    behave yourself Immy :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.