Typical Thomann...

What's Hot

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Delivery always takes a week+ for me, and the tracking never works properly once it leaves Köln. I use thomann cos they are cheap, not cos they are quick in my experience. However I ordered a pack of Martin strings and a G7th Nashville Capo from GAK cos they were the cheapest and it was on my doorstep quick as a flash with FedEx.

DHL are always useless from Germany for me.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Hertz32;655497" said:
    Delivery always takes a week+ for me, and the tracking never works properly once it leaves Köln. I use thomann cos they are cheap, not cos they are quick in my experience. However I ordered a pack of Martin strings and a G7th Nashville Capo from GAK cos they were the cheapest and it was on my doorstep quick as a flash with FedEx.

DHL are always useless from Germany for me.
    Really? Every time I've order from them I click the box for the text updates and am updated all the way, and it always arrives the 3rd business day.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    When I order form thomann   (4 orders so far this year) it arrives on a thursday.   Tracking has been pretty much spot on every time, but I select the option to update me at every stage.

It's definitely part of some evil plan to make me buy lots more gear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2611
    I ordered a couple of 2x10" SWR bass cabs from them a few years ago. I (foolishly as it turns out) decided I didn't want to keep them.

Based on my experience with UK retailers I immediately steeled myself for a bit of an ordeal.  At best I'd get my money grudgingly repaid after a poorly disguised hostility to my decision. I'd be left in no doubt that I had woefully inconvenienced them and that they wouldn't have sold the items to me in the first place if they had had advance notice of my deficiencies of character.   At worst they'd try to find ways of keeping my money.

Imagine my confusion then to find myself talking to a very polite German chap with excellent English,  who had absolutely no problem with my decision to return the cabinets - because a no quibble return within 30 days was part of what they offered their customers, and they were very happy to provide it.  Who did everything he could to make returning the cabs as hassle free as possible.  Who hoped that the next time we did business - and he very much hoped that there would be a next time - I was happier with what I bought.

England is well known as a nation of shop-keepers and it's clear the Germans have a lot to learn.  British dealers could explain to them that margins are tight.  You can't sell returned goods for the same price as new.  You can't afford to encourage the type of customer who returns stuff because they just take advantage.  They probably did a couple of gigs with the bloody thing and are taking the piss.  Best make it clear that their custom isn't wanted in future.

Since then I've spent quite a bit of money at Thomann but I always do it with a guilty conscience.  I know from what folk who work in British music retailers tell me that the customer service model they are using can't possibly work.  They must be losing money and are heading for a fall.  But meantime they seem such a nice bunch of people it would be a shame not to give them my custom.

“To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16138
    Thomann - an unstoppable machine finely tuned to the peak of efficiency and economy......Teutonic in the extreme
    VORSPRUNG DURCH TECNIC
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    When I got my Fly Rig 5 from them I wanted to return it as it was noisy.  I posted it back on Saturday 7th February and by Thursday 12th February the money was back in my account so it was.  Unbelievable.

Just ordered something else from them and it was shipped on 1st June so we'll see how long it takes to get here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I know right? Like, take my situation: 
    I bought a load of bits and pieces from them a few months ago to save on shipping, and then because I wrote short reviews of the items I bought, I've now got a 30 euro voucher to use. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? I've got to try and find stuff on their website that I want - in all likelihood, knowing my luck, it'll be something that costs less than 30 euros all-in, and I'll end up not spending any money but getting a nice capo or something. I don't want to have to deal with this shit. I haven't got time. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    EdGrip said:
    I know right? Like, take my situation: 
    I bought a load of bits and pieces from them a few months ago to save on shipping, and then because I wrote short reviews of the items I bought, I've now got a 30 euro voucher to use. What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? I've got to try and find stuff on their website that I want - in all likelihood, knowing my luck, it'll be something that costs less than 30 euros all-in, and I'll end up not spending any money but getting a nice capo or something. I don't want to have to deal with this shit. I haven't got time. 
    Hold on a second.   If you write a review they give you a voucher?
  • EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Yeah - 5 euros for a short one, 10 for a long one! It's taking a liberty, is what it is!
    EdGrip said:
    Yeah - 5 euros for a short one, 10 for a long one! It's taking a liberty, is what it is!
    Scandalous!  I have no idea how they get away with this.
  • EdGrip;655812" said:
    Piss taking bastards ya!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I think we should report them to the FBI
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I ordered a Digitech Mosaic from Bax-Shop in the Netherlands, free UPS two day shipping if you spend over €50 too.  Arrived on a Friday, and having spent the weekend deciding it wasn't for me I called them first thing Monday to try to return it.  Imagine my dismay when it wasn't a problem, UPS picked it up the same day and as soon as it got back to them two days later the money was back with me the same day.  You couldn't make it up!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Someone should put these clowns straight..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I hope nothing changes that attitude when we leave the EU then...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    There will likely be some kind of tax charge if we are out of the EU and purchase from the EU.  This will probably mean any financial gain we have now by buying from the EU will be lost.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3092
    mudslide73;655301" said:
    They do kind of ruin it a bit by using Parcelfarce. My new Jet City is currently residing with someone on a completely different street despite me having a phone convo with the driver beforehand! Grrr.... wrong thread I know.
    Well, it's now in my grubby car after a bit of a neighbourhood tour. I'm pleased because I met an attractive lady on the next street due to Thomann's use of Parcelforce! Is there no end to their usefulness?!

"A city star won’t shine too far"

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom