Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5218
    TimmyO said:
    Hence the slightly implausible "Jaqen H'Ghar is Syrio Forel" theory that does the rounds on the internet.

I think that's got as much to do with people loving the Syrio character and desperately wanting him to not be dead
    (count me among them lol) 

He was pretty awesome. I'd be pleased to see him back too, but it ain't happening. 

Apparently GRRM has been asked about this several times and is utterly mystified that people really think there's any doubt.
    I guess sometimes those little incidental characters take on a life beyond what their creators ever intended. He's like the Boba Fett of Westeros :D

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I just sit and watch it with a cuppa in my hand.  Am I normal ?
    Same, I forget a lot of their names a lot of the time...

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7710
    Yes. The tinfoil theories and shit are more associated with the book readers. 
    Given an average 7 years between books you gotta do something to pass the waiting... 
    Red ones are better. 
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I'll leave the books then and keep drinking PG Tips.

edited June 2016
    TimmyO said:
    Given an average 7 years between books you gotta do something to pass the waiting... 
    On average more like three- the first three books were published between 1996 and 2000, but since then they've slowed down considerably. We're at five years since the last one now. 

To be fair, I think a lot of the crazy theories have a pretty solid basis (although some are pure bollocks- "Daario Nahaaris is really Benjen Stark"?), and readers are meant to find all that stuff and theorize about what's coming. The Red Wedding is telegraphed all over the first three books...

Bogwhoppit said:
    Bogwhoppit said:

I'll leave the books then and keep drinking PG Tips.

IMO the books are considerably better than the show. So many more characters, more fully developed, better plotting and none of the time and budget constraints of the show. Plus all the breadcrumbs for the tinfoil-y crap.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5595
    lloyd said:
    Same, I forget a lot of their names a lot of the time...
    Me too. Except for Barry and Paul Chuckle.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    edited June 2016
    Was just looking at a click bait thing in Facebook that reckons a) that wasn't Arya that was stabbed. "Arya" was acting too confidently and didn't have Needle with her.

Or b) Arya IS the Waif: she knows everything about Arya and nobody intervened when the Waif attacked her when she was blind. So maybe The Waif is just a figment of her own imagination?

I dunno, probably all bollocks. Time will tell.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    DiscoStu said:
    There have been so many cameos the last couple of weeks.
    Fingers crossed the Chuckle Brothers get a go soon. That could have been them at the siege tonight!
    Sadly, at least one of the Chuckle Brothers is currently playing Arthur Shelby in Peaky Blinders :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    boogieman said:
    Was just looking at a click bait thing in Facebook that reckons a) that wasn't Arya that was stabbed. "Arya" was acting too confidently and didn't have Needle with her.

Or b) Arya IS the Waif: she knows everything about Arya and nobody intervened when the Waif attacked her when she was blind. So maybe The Waif is just a figment of her own imagination?

Yeah that's really interesting actually - we last saw Arya retrieving needle and looking for all the world like she was legging it pronto.

Then she's wafting around minus her sword and full of the joys of spring drawing attention to herself.

Maybe her mate finally giving up the 3rd life for her? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    TimmyO said:
    boogieman said:

Yeah that's really interesting actually - we last saw Arya retrieving needle and looking for all the world like she was legging it pronto.

Then she's wafting around minus her sword and full of the joys of spring drawing attention to herself.

Maybe her mate finally giving up the 3rd life for her? 
    Would he not have to kill Arya to take her face off to be able to pretend to be her?
    hmm - dunno - you may be right 
    Red ones are better. 

Would he not have to kill Arya to take her face off to be able to pretend to be her?

That seems to be how it works, although once it's been taken off its original owner each face seems to be re-usable.

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4696
    If I recall correctly from the book, a faceless man can change their appearance by muscle control alone.
    Now how about this for a theory.
    Arya in the scene was not Arya but the waif, and the waif was in fact Arya getting her own back.
    (lets forget about the whole face-off conumdrum for a moment)
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Or perhaps face up to the fact that once again we have been following a character who has struggled along to eventually meet a futile end
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10533

It's getting a bit corny for me now and very predictable 

Here's The Hound back now, cue the random conversation about how Lovejoy found him and nursed him back to health ..... let's not leave an ounce of mystery there, the viewer needs it all neat and tidy. 
    The Hounds now leaving peacefully, living of home grown crops and building what looks to be an early Vodaphone mask but wait what's this ? ............. 3 sinister looking men with devilment in their eyes have come calling ....... 

Oh no! everyones dead and now The Hound has to go back to be a ruthless killing machine .... what an unexpected turn of events :)

It's not all bad, there's still the odd pair of tits and this weeks was plentiful although quite how Yara is going to "fuck the tit's off that!" is beyond me, lets hope for the poor girl they can make a better smoother dildo than they can a table .... Valryian steel maybe ?

I mean I'm gonna keep watching obviously :)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If I recall correctly from the book, a faceless man can change their appearance by muscle control alone.
    Now how about this for a theory.
    Arya in the scene was not Arya but the waif, and the waif was in fact Arya getting her own back.
    (lets forget about the whole face-off conumdrum for a moment)

I don't recall that. The magical elements of the books are downplayed in the show, but the full gamut of Faceless Man tricks include physical skills- basically acting- as well as supernatural stuff. The full-on face changing thing is definitely supernatural.

In A Dance With Dragons, Arya's first few missions are basically just dressing in different costumes to "play" other people. When she's given a face to wear (to kill the insurance seller from the end of series 5) she experiences some of the memories of the girl it belonged to, and once she has the face on over her own she appears to be deformed and missing teeth. At the end of the book, Arya is sent to continue her "apprenticeship" with a company of actors, which presumably is meant to develop the physical skills.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6414
    I thought it was a tad  - by the numbers this week.

Only good bit was Cersei being brought down to size.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Danny1969;1103281" said:
    although quite how Yara is going to "fuck the tit's off that!" is beyond me, lets hope for the poor girl they can make a better smoother dildo than they can a table .... Valryian steel maybe ?

Maybe she kept Theon's "cock in a box" that was sent to her as a strap on.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 10thumbs10thumbs Frets: 427
    edited June 2016

Me too , although I also eat toast and wear a tinfoil hat (for protection , obviously).

Last week I chuckled a lot at "62" ........ "Errm ,Thank you" ( shit !).

The Hound is back to his old self this week, with some great lines.....  " you're shit at dying" ,

(and I still think he will eventually kill his huge brother) .

This week sets things up nicely for some coming battles , one of them using the reunited dragons ,next week I reckon.

I didn`t think Cersei's predicament could get any worse , clearly I was wrong, whatever happened to the Dorne storyline ?

I know its not a popular one , but there must be repercussions for her daughters murder.

Is it just me or did Tyrrion's baldy eunuch mate leave town , with suspiciously good timing , probably just me on that one.

BTW, As for the High Sparrow , I've been thinking for weeks now , just cut out his tongue , his mouth seems to be the problem, without it he is powerless .Although I think they will find a way to discredit him instead.

And yes it was really Arya who got stabbed , so much for those increasingly far fetched theories flooding the internet , but a great chase sequence and a stronger ending than the last couple of weeks , it was good to see some old favourites return this week , and somebody finally going home.   I won`t spoil it for those who haven`t seen it yet.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I trust Varys

My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom