Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12322
    munckee said:
    I think killing Dany would probably best be either Jon or maybe Tyrion, or maybe Drogon eats her...
    I reckon Tyrion gets executed pretty early in ep 6.
    If he does, expect hopefully a series-saving speech before hand...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5066
    "Those guitars" in action, with a surprise appearance from Dan Weiss!

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    munckee said:
    I reckon Tyrion gets executed pretty early in ep 6.
    If it's by dragon, Dany might be in for a surprise...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    DannyP said:

That spear thing that Arya had Gendry make for her had a dragon glass blade.

Maybe Arya does the deed with that?
    I forgot about that, has this weapon been seen or used yet? If not, surely it must have been shown for a reason? 

• BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    I forgot about that, has this weapon been seen or used yet? If not, surely it must have been shown for a reason? 
    Didn't she kill half the white walkers with it in WInterfell?
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Bezzer said:
    Didn't she kill half the white walkers with it in WInterfell?
    Yeah, and then stabbed the Night King with it! Isn't anyone paying attention this year?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    Yeah, and then stabbed the Night King with it! Isn't anyone paying attention this year?  ;)
    Not sure if baiting me to say "no she didn't, it was ..." or not. :)
    Just to clarify to all...

You don't make someone a white walker by stabbing them with anything.

Valyrian steel (forged with dragon fire) and dragonglass kill white walkers and wights (not the same thing).

We have seen the creation of

A white walker - one of Craster's unwanted boy children (he doesn't want to share his girl kids, this show huh) gets poked with the Night King's finger and turns white walker

The Night King - the children of the forest created him with magic...
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1397
    As a construction professional. Clause 22 of most jct contract variants for specified perils accounts for fire and force majure. Does this cover a fuck off dragon puking fire? Not so sure...
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2019
    Bezzer said:
    Yeah, and then stabbed the Night King with it! Isn't anyone paying attention this year? 
    Not sure if baiting me to say "no she didn't, it was ..." or not.
    Oh yeah, my bad  It was Bran's dagger.

I remembered her splitting the spear in 2 and thought for minute it was that, forgot the Bran bit! I'd had a few whiskeys that night!!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581

Leaf, one of the COTF pushed a dragon glass dagger into the chest of one of the first men creating the night king....

Leaf, one of the COTF pushed a dragon glass dagger into the chest of one of the first men creating the night king....
    Having just re-watched it...

...I'll give you it does sort of make it look like a stabbing with Dragonglass would have that affect, but I don't think it is trying to imply that you stab anyone with Dragonglass they turn into a White Walker.

It seems to be like they almost replaced their hearts with Dragonglass, which would explain their vulnerability to it.

...I'll give you it does sort of make it look like a stabbing with Dragonglass would have that affect, but I don't think it is trying to imply that you stab anyone with Dragonglass they turn into a White Walker.

It seems to be like they almost replaced their hearts with Dragonglass, which would explain their vulnerability to it.
    “We needed to save ourselves from you... from men”

Night King was created to temper the actions of men. Now, as it happened it didn’t go so well and the Night King threatened everyone eventually - but.. and it’s a big but.. Arya killed him a little too easily. Could Bran come to the realisation that the NK is necessary to stop the evil of man? Could Dani’s actions in the last episode prompt him to persuade Jon that the threat needs to exist to restore the balance in Westeros? 

Seems the show is hinting that once the NK is gone, then “man” returns to the old ways and goes all Uber destructive (with Dani’s actions) 

There’s lots of theories floating around about the Bran/3 eyed raven link to the NK etc but maybe his purpose as the keeper of man’s records is to always remind mankind that without the threat uniting them then they will always return to destruction. Perhaps the COTF created the 3ER for exactly that purpose, and that’s why Bran was shown the vision in the first place. 

GRRM is one for allegory - esp the possible climate change one - this gives a bit of weight to the theory. Either way, the exact method of creation is sort of irrelevant - Bran doesn’t get white-walkered when the NK touches him.. maybe he has the power to create a Night Queen - and he gives Jon that ability with a dragon glass dagger. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 7267
    Because we’re a guitar forum, this seemed fitting:

https://youtu.be/QCHlCiB98N4

Night King was created to temper the actions of men. Now, as it happened it didn’t go so well and the Night King threatened everyone eventually - but.. and it’s a big but.. Arya killed him a little too easily. Could Bran come to the realisation that the NK is necessary to stop the evil of man? Could Dani’s actions in the last episode prompt him to persuade Jon that the threat needs to exist to restore the balance in Westeros? 

Seems the show is hinting that once the NK is gone, then “man” returns to the old ways and goes all Uber destructive (with Dani’s actions) 

There’s lots of theories floating around about the Bran/3 eyed raven link to the NK etc but maybe his purpose as the keeper of man’s records is to always remind mankind that without the threat uniting them then they will always return to destruction. Perhaps the COTF created the 3ER for exactly that purpose, and that’s why Bran was shown the vision in the first place. 

GRRM is one for allegory - esp the possible climate change one - this gives a bit of weight to the theory. Either way, the exact method of creation is sort of irrelevant - Bran doesn’t get white-walkered when the NK touches him.. maybe he has the power to create a Night Queen - and he gives Jon that ability with a dragon glass dagger. 
    If Jon stabs Dany and turns her into the Night Queen she's going to be proper pissed!

It's certainly a theory...

I'm not sure the show will do much more in the last episode than a last murder spree at this point, but some kind of reinforcing of the moral messages of the show would go down well...
    If Jon stabs Dany and turns her into the Night Queen she's going to be proper pissed!
    To be fair, she will be just as pissed if he doesn't de-clutter...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @darthed1981 - lots of traction on the fan theory sites. Along with the “3 eyed raven = lord of light” theory as well
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12088
    Bran to warg into the dragon, and throw Dany off from 2000 feet in the air
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24836
    I’ve seen a few ideas that Bran warged into Drogon to make him burn the city already, just to make D look bad.

But that wouldn’t fit the necessary narrative of her turning into a psycho.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd