Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    So many dangling story threads, references to the future - and one direct, "...in ten years time", line - that I can't help but think the producers have got their eye on a big-screen movie in a decade or so.

Plus; that should just give GRRM enough time to write the bloody thing!
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 692
    I'd long finished the books (the ones hes written so far anyway) before the TV show even started so this has been a long time coming for me. I feel like the final page has been turned for the last time and I'll never get to see my old friends again. I'm heartbroken. Good ending but rushed as has been said many times.
    May have to start from the beginning again. 
    Not sure if I want to continue with the books now, if the lazy fckr ever pulls his finger out. One ending is enough. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4695
    So many threads in the book that where ignores as well. Such as Mummie Mummy stark
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5066
    I liked it, kind of came full circle, like in the very first episode a case of "well, where does this go then?"

It was inevitable that crazy Dany was going to die, and I did like that it was, as with so many others, almost unexpected how it actually came about in such a matter of fact way.

Agree it has set up possible sequals, but I fear they'll be half-arsed at best but I'd like to be wrong.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    I loved this scene:

When Drogon woke from under the snow as Jon Snow approached, I think Drogin handled the final episode well, very dignified. I will miss him.

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5066
    I think I'll still have some use for this...

Image may contain drink and indoor

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10392

Great episode and truly redeemed itself in the end.I'm really happy with that ending.

Also....

"Sit down uncle"

Brilliant. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4251
    edited May 2019
    So many dangling story threads, references to the future - and one direct, "...in ten years time", line - that I can't help but think the producers have got their eye on a big-screen movie in a decade or so.

Providing he lives long enough!!

I thought it was a good ending, and I've enjoyed every episode. Agree though that this season has been a bit rushed, but it didn't spoil it for me. The Battle of Winterfell episode was one of the best bits of TV I've seen in a long time
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    edited May 2019

Providing he lives long enough!!

I thought it was a good ending, and I've enjoyed every episode. Agree though that this season has been a bit rushed, but it didn't spoil it for me. The Battle of Winterfell episode was one of the best bits of TV I've seen in a long time
    Agreed, this season has been some the best quality TV ever, 7 hours or more of high class movie quality filming, acting, scenery, music, CGI effects, drama and writing. That and the 7 seasons before it.

We can tell our grandkids that we saw Game of Thrones when it was first on TV.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12322
    Feature quality SFX, excellent acting, an actually quite sensible ending and in many ways almost a happy one...

Shame they couldn't have done the last two series as four and let all that story breathe.

But as always the internet rage has gone too far, as was stated above we were there when TV surpassed movies, we were all there when we realised that a story told not over two hours but over 80 could be better...

Goodbye GOT, we hardly knew ye...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4695
    Time to have a long weekend GOT Marathon me thinks. 
    But no tits in the last episode boooooooooooo 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12088
    I thought

that we'd see more than a negotiation to resolve the aftermath

Also, how did they know he'd killed her?

Did he confess?

I wondered if Arya was going to turn up in the throne room with Miss Sundae's face on

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12539
    Feature quality SFX, excellent acting, an actually quite sensible ending and in many ways almost a happy one...

Shame they couldn't have done the last two series as four and let all that story breathe.

But as always the internet rage has gone too far, as was stated above we were there when TV surpassed movies, we were all there when we realised that a story told not over two hours but over 80 could be better...

Goodbye GOT, we hardly knew ye...
    Excellent sum up of the mother of tv series. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8870
    Just settling down with a bot. of Nyetimber to watch it now. Can’t believe it’s almost over ...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27076
    edited May 2019

Some of us were there in 2004 when Battlestar Galactica surpassed the movies...the first time round

EDIT: Galactica's finale was a bit "WTF?" too, ironically because they put too much in to it - all they had to do was take out that last scene, and it would've been awesome.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12504
    Some unexpected things but I felt a bit “is that it?” at the end. 

Peter Dinklage was epic throughout, what a superb actor. 
  • Very disappointing finish imho. But it's a TV show... plenty of 'em around. Dexter's finish was total toss too.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    At least we have Chernobyl for a few more weeks :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    Absolutely loved it. Bravo!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8870
    Holy shit that was epic. Can’t believe it’s all over, but WHAT a ride!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer