Fret King Esprit

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RigsbyRigsby Frets: 62
    edited June 2015
    I've got three, a blue label Esprit 5, green label Esprit V and one of the original Esprit IIIs that was made in the Patick Eggle factory. The green label and the Eggle built are both Korina and are very resonant guitars. The blue label is a bit heavier than the other two but is a fantastic guitar in terms of tone and build quality. I bought it used and paid £350 including shipping. I did have one of the cherry blue label Esprit 3s and although it was again a beautifully built guitar it weighed over 9lbs. So I moved it on. But 2nd hand they are great VFM, look great and sound great.image
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellangusellangus Frets: 250
    @Rigsby - You don't need 3, give me one :-)

Along with many others, I got Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer. Full details about his behaviour on this and other forums can be found on this thread. If you have been Scammed by J Collingridge 'Award Winning' Photographer, let us know and even if you haven't, putting a similar message in your own signature will help us warn others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390

rawk100 said:
    Guitarist recently reviewed a green label Fret King Corona and they said they were "assembled in the UK". It would be interesting to see the difference because the Korean made guitars are put together well anyway.
    Yeah (though the neck on my strat one is a little off-centre... didn't notice till well after I bought it. :)) I suspect/hope a little neck shim will straighten it out, if I ever get round to it).

And yeah it makes the green labels sound a bit expensive if they're only assembled in the UK. Maybe they use better and lighter woods, etc., but still seems expensive when other companies completely manufacture instruments in the west for that kind of money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom