Do you play ALL your guitars?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Each one has to justify its existence. Can't stand having guitars that don't get played. I have five electrics. The Strat and Schecter PT are the main two I reach for and cover most bases, they also happen to be the most expensive and fully justify this.

Then my Gibson midtown and parts Esquire get less use, but they both bring out different aspects of my playing and when I do pick them up I really enjoy them. They are almost like a palate cleanser for when I get a little tied of my main ones, or for different textures when I'm lacking a little inspiration.

They both cost less than my main two, so again no issues justifying their existence.

Then I have a Taylot T5z which is just very different, this 5th one is my transitional slot. My main 4 are pretty locked down so one spare slot keeps GAS in check.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1247
    I've got 5 hanging on my wall, plus a Yamaha SG in my attic.  The wallflowers are a Yamaha BB bass (love Yamaha), a tele, a Charvel frankenstein, a strat, and a PRS NF3.

The strat get's played all the time and rehearsed with regularly.  The tele - my main gigging guitar of a couple of users ago - has a decent layer of dust on it now, as it's the hardest guitar I own to play.

The Charvel is ace, and whenever I pick it up I struggle to put it back again, it just sounds so good.  VHII pickups and an ebony fretboard.  Marvellous.

And the PRS... I pick that up all the time and think to myself "what a wonderful guitar".  Then put it back again and reach for the strat or charvel.

Off to play some guitars now...
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    There's only one that never gets played but there are also a few that only get picked up once in a blue moon.

My Les Paul, PRS SE 245, strat are my go to guitars and are the ones that get taken to rehearsals/gigs (not all on the same night though).  My tele build will probably join them soon as well.

Others stay in the house and get picked up for practicing/aimless noodling.  They have different purposes and/or live in different rooms.  So they all get used to some extent.

The only one which doesn't get played is a Kramer Striker of some description that I got off MusicYo years ago.  I might dig it out and see if I can do something with it.  I don't remember it being too bad it just got packed away and has never resurfaced.
  • I tend to play one at a time due to lack of arms.
  • but seriously, I don't have much room to have them all out (5 in total as of a couple of days ago). Then tend to be rotated every few weeks. if I had the room I would probably rack them all up and play them all more often.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    edited June 2015
    I have bordering on 30 guitars (or somewhere in the mid to high twenties) and they all get played. Except one which lives in a case and was built by my father.

Problem with me is I am now building guitars a lot and still always on the lookout for something different or that I can mod to how I like my guitars to play.

So chances are I'll have more than this at some point. Most of mine are in racks, so they are easy to access and play, record, rehearse and gig with. Problem is that I have an attic full of guitar cases!

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom