"Honestly The Best Guitar I've Ever Played...

What's Hot
randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
But mysteriously I'm selling it because I've seen another one I want... Save £50 on the RRP too." 

WTF is it with that phrase in ads? Have you ever believed it? At least if your gonna bullshit us make out you need the money for your Nan's cat's kidney transplant or something.
My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3023
    To be fair I did recently sell the best guitar I'd ever played/owned but that was because I was/am skint and needed as much money as possible so as the highest value guitar I had I didn't really have much choice..

It's currently in the secondhand section at Coda, not that I go & check it's still there on a daily basis or anything...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    But mysteriously I'm selling it because I've seen another one I want... Save £50 on the RRP too." 

WTF is it with that phrase in ads? Have you ever believed it? At least if your gonna bullshit us make out you need the money for your Nan's cat's kidney transplant or something.
    "This 2012 Squier Stratocaster Affinity plays just as well as my mate's pre-CBS Fender.  Save thousands!!"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Genuine reason for sale…" 

Well obviously you have a reason for sale, even if it's that you're lonely and hope that the person buying the guitar will at least chat to you for 5 minutes.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    There's been a Marshall MG combo on my local gumtree for months - "No longer needed due to house move." Huh?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    DrBob;656671" said:
    To be fair I did recently sell the best guitar I'd ever played/owned but that was because I was/am skint and needed as much money as possible so as the highest value guitar I had I didn't really have much choice..

It's currently in the secondhand section at Coda, not that I go & check it's still there on a daily basis or anything...
    Aye been there a couple times and had to sell some of the best guitars I've ever had.

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    So @DrBob what's the guitar you sold - or are you hoping to buy this back if you get the cash?
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Mr claphands never fails to deliver :-)
    richh said:
    So @DrBob what's the guitar you sold - or are you hoping to buy this back if you get the cash?
    @richh , it's this one:

http://www.coda-music.com/tyler-studio-elite-hollow-secondhand-p-21389.html

And much as I would dearly love to have it back I don't see myself having that kind of spare cash anytime soon
  • richhrichh Frets: 453
    Looks very nice - strange headstock and logo though!
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    richh said:
    Oh God - don't ask him that, you'll reopen all the wounds
    Travisthedog;656772" said:
    richh said:

Oh God - don't ask him that, you'll reopen all the wounds
    'Sniff'..

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1209

Hi, is this still available?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Babones said:

Hi, is this still available?

Yes but you better move quick as I'm picking up my new one at the weekend so this will only be the 2nd best guitar I've ever played, which makes it look like less of a good deal.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sold 2 of my favourites, last week. Thinning the herd, and whatever will sell, goes. I can always find something else, later, if I feel the need.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3702
    Les Paul killer!

Trade for Les Paul.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    I'm selling the best guitar I've ever played - at least by some ways of describing it.

My PRS Standard 22. It's still great, it just no longer suits what I want to do.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Gonna be real sorry to let this one go but needs must.....
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    thermionic;656744" said:
    There's been a Marshall MG combo on my local gumtree for months - "No longer needed due to house move." Huh?
    He may have just moved to Wembley Stadium and it isn't loud enough...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    "Bought a new guitar so this one has to go. Though it actually plays better and sounds better than my new one so might regret this!"

I bet these people think they're a natural born salesman...

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Usually a cover for one of two scenarios:

"I'm a serial gear hound and this perfectly ok guitar needs to be sold to pay the credit card bill after I overbid on some other perfectly ok guitar on eBay, that I will no doubt sell at a loss in 4 weeks time."

OR

"I don't like it anymore because I'm chasing an impossible dream- I don't work on my playing enough because I'm a lazy sod and owning gear is a replacement for being able to play well."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom