"Honestly The Best Guitar I've Ever Played...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2457
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2280
    But mysteriously I'm selling it because I've seen another one I want... Save £50 on the RRP too." 

WTF is it with that phrase in ads? Have you ever believed it? At least if your gonna bullshit us make out you need the money for your Nan's cat's kidney transplant or something.
    Spot on for three reasons. 

If it's so good why sell?
    It's worth 50-75% of the discounted new price unless it's Lovetone or a Klon or vintage.(1980s isnt vintage)
    Just sell it. 

And your bonus...

It's been autographed by Angus Young's amptech's sister in law. 120% over retail please. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    octatonic;657195" said:
    Usually a cover for one of two scenarios:

"I'm a serial gear hound and this perfectly ok guitar needs to be sold to pay the credit card bill after I overbid on some other perfectly ok guitar on eBay, that I will no doubt sell at a loss in 4 weeks time."

OR

"I don't like it anymore because I'm chasing an impossible dream- I don't work on my playing enough because I'm a lazy sod and owning gear is a replacement for being able to play well."
    Guilty on all counts, m'lud...

• octatonic;657195" said:
    Usually a cover for one of two scenarios:

"I'm a serial gear hound and this perfectly ok guitar needs to be sold to pay the credit card bill after I overbid on some other perfectly ok guitar on eBay, that I will no doubt sell at a loss in 4 weeks time."

OR

"I don't like it anymore because I'm chasing an impossible dream- I don't work on my playing enough because I'm a lazy sod and owning gear is a replacement for being able to play well."
    Guilty on all counts, m'lud...

Me too.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    This Squier Affinity plays better than my mate's Custom Shop Nocaster
    Stop crying, start buying
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    "Just trying to flip for profit" would be refreshing from time to time.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11440
    "Very rare" seems to be an abbreviation for "it's very rare because there things are rare when there aren't many of them and I've only got one so it must be rare as far as my collection is concerned".

Anything older than the seller is "vintage".

"This was made in the same factory as [a good brand you've heard of]". Yes, they just refused to put that decent brand name on it because they were making so much damn money.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Tbh I never give a shit why people are selling, it really isn't my concern... I'll probs throw an offer in regardles, even if it's the best guitar they have ever played. For all I know they own stagg guitars in their collection
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom