Gibson Giveaway on Tuesday 9th June

What's Hot
SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
edited June 2015 in Guitar
I'm sure this will be flooding your inboxes very soon but I thought I'd give you all the heads up on here.

Gibson are running a promo which only applies to any 2015 USA bought on Tuesday 9th June. 
Basically once a guitar has been bought you can go on Gibson.com, enter your details and write a short essay about your new guitar and they will select 1 in every 10 entries and will reimburse the full cost of the guitar.

I know there's some strong opinions on the 2015 range on here but it's a great (very likely) chance to get yourself a free guitar.

We've got something going up on our site very shortly and there's a Gibson holding page here - http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Contests/2015/Les-Paul-100th-Birthday-Bash-Contest-Coming-Soon.aspx

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

steve@guitarvillage.com | www.guitarvillage.co.uk

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11463
    The 9th is a Tuesday!

Is this limited to one per customer?  And when is the draw?  Is it within 2 weeks so that you could buy 10 and send the other 9 back under distance selling regs?  Naturally I wouldn't buy off you if I was planning that!

They are getting desperate to sell them aren't they?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Wow that's some promo!
    I wont be buying an LP though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    Indeed it is a Tuesday! My bad, edited.

They've not given us the full T&C's yet but I'm assuming it's going to be 1 per customer. The distance selling thing did cross my mind, perhaps they'll introduce it to instore purchases only? I'm not sure but will update as and when we hear more, but the Gibson site will also be updated accordingly.

I'll keep an eye out for a 10x LP order on Tuesday ;)

**Signed up to reply to a few comments regarding the shop, had a look about....decided to stick around! Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of Guitar Village.**

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11463
    The 2015s aren't for me.  I did buy a very nice R8 second hand off you guys a couple of years ago.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    does Femidom of Information cover seeing thier records after so that you can be sure they really did facilitate this??

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    The cynic in me thinks that this might be Gibson realising what a massive bollock they dropped with 'that' headstock logo and trying to get rid of as many of them as possible before they change it back to something non-hideous, so that they don't end up with thousands of them hanging on shop walls for evermore...the Ts&Cs do stipulate it must have 'that' logo to be eligable...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveGVSteveGV Frets: 344
    crunchman said:
    The 9th is a Tuesday!

Is this limited to one per customer?  And when is the draw?  Is it within 2 weeks so that you could buy 10 and send the other 9 back under distance selling regs?  Naturally I wouldn't buy off you if I was planning that!

They are getting desperate to sell them aren't they?
    Details need to be submitted on Gibson.com by 30th June

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Literally giving them away.

And I'm still not interested. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    They aren't literally giving them away. You have to buy one then you have a 90% chance you won't get your money back.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2015
    They are literally giving away 10 % of their stock sold on Tuesday, but I get your point.
    terada;659687" said:
    They are literally giving away 10 % of their stock sold on Tuesday, but I get your point.
    for the same cost they could just take 10% off the price of each one for a day. I'd have thought that was more tempting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    terada;659687" said:
    for the same cost they could just take 10% off the price of each one for a day. I'd have thought that was more tempting.
     I guess most people would ask for 10% off anyway, wouldn't they?
    Neil;659693" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

terada;659687" said:They are literally giving away 10 % of their stock sold on Tuesday, but I get your point.

I guess most people would ask for 10% off anyway, wouldn't they?
    mebbe.
    I guess if I was going to buy one anyway then next Tuesday would be the day to do it but I'm not convinced many people are daft enough to believe they are going to get a free Gibson ( although, yes, ultimately 1 in 10 will).

I just don't quite understand it as a promotion.
    terada;659687" said:
    Agreed. While it wouldn't tempt myself (and for the record, the logo and tuners don't bother me, its the neck size that stops me buying), I'm sure there are plenty for whom a 10% reduction would be tempting. 

Although saying that, my cynical mind leads me to believe that they'll favour the essays from those that have purchased cheaper models in the range, thereby reducing the overall cost to below 10%. 

Plus if they did just reduce the price, it would be further acknowledgement that they completely misread their market with the 2015's, at least this way they can pretend there is a genuine reason (other than the guitars not being liked) to move some stock on the cheap.
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
    So that's why all the retailers put all the prices up recently?
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Maybe enough will be sold, so that one person gets a free one. :P
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    I'm pretty sure a 10% chance of getting all your money back would be more appealing than a straight 10% discount. After all, the lottery is predicated on a similar basis - small chance of big win, instead of guaranteed win (by not buying a ticket). Plenty of people go for that.
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    SteveGV said:
     1 in every 10 entries and will reimburse the full cost of the guitar.

Hang fire....

Quick update..

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Did Andertons invent this rubbish offer?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Fucking hell, love this forum and most of the dudes on here but what a cynical bunch. Personally I don't like the 2015 models but some people do, if you're in the market for one anyways it could wind up a sweet deal. Maybe that's the gambling addict in me talking though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom