Gibson Giveaway on Tuesday 9th June

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    I experienced my first 2015 today, an SG.

It was a fine guitar. It felt great, played really well and sounded fantastic.

The G-force system worked well even if it was slightly out compared to my Peterson tuner.

I didn't even notice the headstock when I was playing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I wonder if PRS' CEO Jack Higginbotham has told Paul to break his hand & write his name in Crayon for the 2016 Custom headstock?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Deijavoo;659906" said:
    Fucking hell, love this forum and most of the dudes on here but what a cynical bunch. Personally I don't like the 2015 models but some people do, if you're in the market for one anyways it could wind up a sweet deal. Maybe that's the gambling addict in me talking though.
    Ive been hankering after a 2015 LP Jr and I reckon I could cobble together a good story as well. But - people keep saying wait and the prices will tumble further.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    They will but if you want one today/now, and it's not a massive spend for you it could be a cool deal. Like winning on a fruit machine. You're gonna play either way and if you win it's a bonus sort of scenario.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4729
    Deijavoo said:
    Fucking hell, love this forum and most of the dudes on here but what a cynical bunch. Personally I don't like the 2015 models but some people do, if you're in the market for one anyways it could wind up a sweet deal. Maybe that's the gambling addict in me talking though.
    ...in one...........
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Iamnobody;660450" said:
    [quote="Deijavoo;659906"]Fucking hell, love this forum and most of the dudes on here but what a cynical bunch. Personally I don't like the 2015 models but some people do, if you're in the market for one anyways it could wind up a sweet deal. Maybe that's the gambling addict in me talking though.
    Ive been hankering after a 2015 LP Jr and I reckon I could cobble together a good story as well. But - people keep saying wait and the prices will tumble further.
    [/quote]

They will, I'd say shops will be blowing out the juniors at under £500 once Gibson announce the 2016 models with the old Les Paul font, the option of the classic 50/60s neck profiles and that minetune is an option not mandatory.

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    edited June 2015
    There needs to be a separate thread for what your short essay would be.

Mine is "My 2015 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Was not as shite as the other Gibsons I played the day I bought it. Probably because it didn't have binding you could screw up."

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    rlw said:
    Deijavoo said:
    ...in one...........
    well - if you's that swim against the tide go and get a 2015 model, please don't come and bug us all with your enthusiastic blutherings and pics, cos we mostly don't like them and will not think anything of you for your purchase  - or be envious in any way....!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • KuroblackKuroblack Frets: 78
    edited June 2015

Three months too late for me :)

Weird promotion though - would have been much easier to lop 10% off.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    terada;664772" said:
    So did anyone on the forum partake in the offer yesterday?
    Thought about it as I'm after a Jr anyway but decided that I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of writing the brown nosing story.

I could have quite easily written some shite about how good a jr is and I bought one for my daughter who was born in the Les Paul anniversary year, bollocks, bollocks, bollocks.

However, I couldn't lower myself to do it even if it 'might' have saved me £600.

I will buy the first one that drops to £500 instead.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • Well I've just bought 10 so I'm bound to win a refund on one of them ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I suppose the idea of this was to announce it fairly late and cause people to panic buy, hoping they may win a free one.

Give people too much time to deliberate over it and they realise it's not that great of a deal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom