Cheap day

grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
edited June 2015 in Guitar
Today I played a relatively cheap guitar through a very cheap 21 year old ss amp and it was awesome, very different sounds but I really enjoyed myself. Who knew keeping my first amp (park gr 10) was a great idea?

It's got me wondering how much I might enjoy a tech21 trademark amp?

Simple very direct tone & ok maybe not as complex as my valve amp but it had a flavour I really liked. I may just use it more often.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zenzeypherzenzeypher Frets: 265
    edited June 2015
    I have an old, really old JSH 20 watt amp. Love it... sounds like a gerbil fighting its way out of tin foil - but there's something to it I just really love.

However it's very odd - has a breakup when cranked and doesn't do the usual SS fart. Same with my Vox lead 50.. tres strange.

picked up for a fiver in Cash Converters *spits* but when you take the time to mess about with it - it's a very different sound... no use for it yet however :D
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Same with me yesterday. I plugged into a Pocket POD and had a great time for an hour or so, messing about with the chorus and reverb etc...
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    Boo to boutique eh?!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I'm with you guys, I bought a carlton combo a month ago, made in Scotland for a couple of years in the 90s based on a boogie but solid state, bought for £150,best sounding amp I have ever played, I have had a hiwatt Dr 103 and a marshall blues breaker, this is better for out and out tone, cpuple that with my 80s boss dm02 my prs studio and I'm tone heaven, cheap as chips..