Made A Huge Mistake...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    mrchi said:
    I have one acoustic one electric and one bass, I have never been happier, and really dont feel like owning anything else.
    Hey @mrchi - dare I ask which ones you kept out of that amazing collection?  I'm almost afraid to hear the answer!

Cheers,
    Al.  

(PS the L50 is getting much love chez moi!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I find trying to keep the acoustic numbers down is difficult, but the fact is I mainly play just 1 of the 3.

If they are all in cases or under the bed I just don't get around to playing them, although I could rotate them on the hanger.

The advice above is sound, keep it this way for a month or two and if you don't miss the others, sell them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2461
    If it's not getting played I'd get rid of it. 

Playing time is limited, and when you get the time to play you may as well play something that inspires you.

I have 3 electrics, one acoustic, a bass, 3 electric amps and a bass amp.

One of the electrics and one of the amps are kept for sentimental reasons (it would be difficult to find a replacement for my Orange, and my MIM strat was the first electric I bought back in 2001), but everything else is kept because I love using them and use them regularly. If I didn't they would be going on Gumtree.

Even at that, I regularly consider selling one of my guitars and amps to cut things down even further.

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 98
    Choice is good, but do rotate them.

If you gig, I'd certainly keep two in rotation. If the worse happens and you have some problems close to a gig with #1, you don't want #2 to be so unfamiliar to you that it becomes a hurdle to you.

And, let's be honest, if you sell some then you'll only end up buying something else to fill it's place eventually! ;)