Danelectro - what's the score?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16751
    one thing i will say, they feel pretty delicate because of the lightness of the bodies... but mine was sent to me rattling around in an oversized guitar box with the guitar merely wrapped in a bin bag.  somehow it arrived in good condition!!   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2892
    Btw Mojo Pickups do some awesome lipstick pickups.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    blueskunk;674858" said:
    Btw Mojo Pickups do some awesome lipstick pickups.
    I do not wish to know that.

;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited June 2015 tFB Trader
    Hello, what's the deal with my comment requiring approval? @TTony
    tFB Trader
    They are Great, just dont buy new, unless you share the owners views on Homosexuality and gay marriage.
    That probably goes for most American stuff though doesn't it? ;)   (I don't know the background though - is the Dano boss particularly bad?)

The guy who owns the company that makes Danelectro gear donated money ($10,000) to a political campaign opposing gay marriage in California in 2009. As far as I know that's all he did. 

Whether you think the personal beliefs and political convictions of a private individual are grounds to boycott his business is up to you. 

Some of this. Never mind though, as the Korean 90s reissues are far better (and more Danelectro-y) than the current models. They also have better pickups. The current guitars have a serious weight to them, and rather generic sounding pups.
    tFB Trader
    They are Great, just dont buy new, unless you share the owners views on Homosexuality and gay marriage.
    That probably goes for most American stuff though doesn't it? ;)   (I don't know the background though - is the Dano boss particularly bad?)

The guy who owns the company that makes Danelectro gear donated money ($10,000) to a political campaign opposing gay marriage in California in 2009. As far as I know that's all he did. 

Whether you think the personal beliefs and political convictions of a private individual are grounds to boycott his business is up to you. 

Some of this. Never mind though, as the Korean 90s reissues are far better (and more Danelectro-y) than the current models. They also have better pickups. The current guitars have a serious weight to them, and rather generic sounding pups.
    tFB Trader
    LOL
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom