Desert Island Guitar

What's Hot
johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
Consider there's already an amp if you want an electric and/pedals and whatever, which guitar would you take to a desert island?

Is it one you already own. One you would like to own. One you've lost or maybe a famous instrument?

Remember this isn't for gigging, it's just for you to listen to and play chilling out with a fridge full of Fosters and no hope of rescue
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33826
    How does this island have power?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8749
    Parker Fly, because it won't warp under desert island conditions. 

Can we count on an infinite supply of strings?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    octatonic;665555" said:
    How does this island have power?
    Because you're in a giant hamster wheel being tazed anytime your wattage drops

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Roland;665558" said:
    Parker Fly, because it won't warp under desert island conditions. 

Can we count on an infinite supply of strings?
    Lmao and yes.

I don't think we need to worry about the practicalities though. Maybe I should have said you were stuck on Jersey or something
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10593
    edited June 2015 tFB Trader
    A Tele ... it will adapt to my mood ... probably Albert Collins' Tele Deluxe ... hoping the amp is a nice old Fender ... and my beloved TS808 plus plenty of batteries ...
    Bourbon with ice ... there has to be bourbon with ice
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Is there anything other than Fosters?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited June 2015
    I want Jack and Coke, plus a steady supply of ice.

And my Mesa, my board and either my green Strat, my Tokai or my Flying V, plus infinite Elixir 9-46s. Can't narrow it down much further.

EDIT: Ooooor my dad's amazing pink paisley Tele. And what if I want to play bass or acoustic? Can I have a desert island guitar rack please?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Bugger mate. I'd take your flying V!
    It has become a classic for me ... a 'Fire-V' something Gibson should have done!
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    A Tele ... it will adapt to my mood ... probably Albert Collins' Tele Deluxe ... hoping the amp is a nice old Fender ... and my beloved TS808 plus plenty of batteries ...
    Bourbon with ice ... there has to be bourbon with ice
    a Tele and a fridge full of Fosters…
    is it a desert island or hell on earth???
    play every note as if it were your first
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited June 2015
    My Ibanez RG7421pb is my most played guitar at the moment, there seems to be almost nothing it can't do. So that would be my electric.
    But honestly? I'd have to have an acoustic too... 
    I have a GS mini e arriving this week, I doubt you'll be able to prize me away from it when it does arrive so I'd have to have both. sorry!

And someone attractive to screw. That'd be nice... 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    a good quality Super-strat, HSH, Floyd, 24 fret, big frets, slim / fast neck for me..

but not an Ibanez cos the plasticine that the bridge is made of will go soggy under the hot desert island sun
    edited June 2015 tFB Trader
    Fosters my arse Rebel Yell with lots of Ice ... and an ash body Tele with a maple board ... my big, brass slide ... and ideally some female company

Fosters my arse Rebel Yell with lots of Ice ... and an ash body Tele with a maple board ... my big, brass slide ... and ideally some female company
    she'll moan every time you pick up the guitar… lmao
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited June 2015
    Bugger mate. I'd take your flying V!
    It has become a classic for me ... a 'Fire-V' something Gibson should have done!
    Wow, I'm glad you think so!

Also, now people are mentioning female company... yeah, I'll have some of that as well please :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72544
    National Style O.

Fairly immune to hot sun and salt water, and it even has palm tress etched on it to fit in with the surroundings.

If you get creative you can probably reflect the sun off it to start a fire, too...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    About to say 1930 OM-45 Deluxe, but I'll go for a 30s D-28 or Gibson Advanced Jumbo instead.

Gotta have a big body for all the slack-key tunings that will inevitably come with my sense of cosmic one-ness and palm wine addiction.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2567
    I'd take my Squier VM strat simply because I can't stop playing it at the moment. Kelly Brook would be a welcome Girl Friday :D
    edited June 2015

If have to take my Gibson Chet Atkins Tennessean (getting played in the link) I might miss something widlier or something that could maybe hit the Texas shuffle thing now and again but really for playing by myself through an amp it's going to be the fullest and most balanced instrument. I'd get bored of the sound of a Tele or strat just on their own.

Ps. Desert islands only come with Fosters and girls are banned cause they get sandy vaginas
  • My strat with oil city pickups. It's da best.

Possibly soon may change to my thinline. I feel that will be a brilliant guitar with 60s pickups.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    Boringly, just my Strat. Easier to play cross legged on a beach.

No booze for me much as I would love it - been on the wagon a couple of years now.