Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    siraxeman said:
    Now that game wasn't kind on joysticks!! I can tell ya!!
    Happy days as a kid disassembling them though, and trying to fix them with whatever you could find.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just following on from my comments about the low frequency 'crackling' or buzzing I was hearing behind the notes with the helix models - I noticed when I tried out the H&K tubemeister recently that I was hearing exactly the same thing...particularly through the combo speaker.

So it looks like I'm not hearing anything that you wouldn't hear from real amps. I don't hear it with my TH-30 or Switchblade - just different amp characteristics I guess.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    What I want for Christmas

• Is that real? :)
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    If they did that - it would be amazing!
  • At least you can have your expression pedal on the correct side. :)
  • John_A said:

Cool concept - personally I don't think I'd have the coordination to use the top row of switches without hitting the knobs
  • At least you can have your expression pedal on the correct side. :)
    You could do this with the rack and control board setup already
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Is that real? :)
    No - it was 2 minutes with MS paint, but I would love something in that format, thought if enough people said 'wow I want one' Line 6 might make it :)
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    Joystick broke on mine last night. I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>
    I called gear4music, and they'll take it back to send away, but that means I'm without it for quite some time.

Is there any way to get a replacement unit before sending mine away for repair? @Digital_Igloo ?

R.
    The expression pedal in my LT broke with very light use. I didn't even gig it. I am not very confident that it won't break again so am considering getting another expression pedal which costs money and takes up space. In the meantime, I've been waiting for over a month for the repairing to take place. Very frustrating.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • John_A said:
    Is that real? :)
    No - it was 2 minutes with MS paint, but I would love something in that format, thought if enough people said 'wow I want one' Line 6 might make it :)
    At £399 I'll happily say wow I want one :grin: 
  • fnpt said:
    Joystick broke on mine last night. I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>
    I called gear4music, and they'll take it back to send away, but that means I'm without it for quite some time.

Is there any way to get a replacement unit before sending mine away for repair? @Digital_Igloo ?

R.
    The expression pedal in my LT broke with very light use. I didn't even gig it. I am not very confident that it won't break again so am considering getting another expression pedal which costs money and takes up space. In the meantime, I've been waiting for over a month for the repairing to take place. Very frustrating.
    What broke exactly?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    fnpt said:

R.
    That’s the reason I went for a Rack unit, I’m still not convinced by the durability of the knobs on the floor unit, especially with no kick protection as is used on the HD500 etc
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8538
    John_A said:

I'd have a bit of that!
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3046
    edited October 2017
    sweepy said:
    fnpt said:
    Joystick broke on mine last night. NO IT DIDN'T. I AM AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRESET KNOB AND THE JOYSTICK! I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>

R.
    That’s the reason I went for a Rack unit, I’m still not convinced by the durability of the knobs on the floor unit, especially with no kick protection as is used on the HD500 etc

I went with Rack + Control for the same reason, which makes it doubly annoying that the joystick has "broken".

R.
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    fnpt said:

R.
    What broke exactly?
    The hinge inside the pedal.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    I like the helix a lot. I use it live via 4cm as well as at home with headphones for practicing and learning songs. It can replace my pedals but given the UK / Europe seems to take ages to get repairs done compared to the US i feel i need to keep my old pedal board. I will be happy to replace it after 3 years ( Bax Warranty ) and get another. At £300 per year its probably the best music purchase i have made.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited October 2017
    Finally had my first go on a Helix today and was well and truly underwhelmed. Was really looking forward to it and went into it open minded.. Just didn't feel or sound nice at all to me. Not bad but not good either! I've honestly got better sounds that I'd be happy to record and gig with out of a Marshall CODE. I think this was just factory presets though so I'd like to try it again with presets from someone who has had it for a while and done some good presets with IRs. But on first impression, it's a no from me. The weird synthy presets were fun though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZ said:
    Finally had my first go on a Helix today and was well and truly underwhelmed. Was really looking forward to it and went into it open minded.. Just didn't feel or sound nice at all to me. Not bad but not good either! I've honestly got better sounds that I'd be happy to record and gig with out of a Marshall CODE. I think this was just factory presets though so I'd like to try it again with presets from someone who has had it for a while and done some good presets with IRs. But on first impression, it's a no from me. The weird synthy presets were fun though.
    How were you using it? Into headphones or monitors or an amp?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8538
    TTBZ said:
    The general curve seems to be that people are underwhelmed and then they spend some time and learn to love it. Having tryed native and not had the time to invest I remain underwhelmed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom