Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Cabicular said:
    Yeah, that’s one way but I usually have that tied to my 1/4 (sometimes I like to have an actual amp when recording bass or guitar making noise in the room for the sake of performance) and the XLR set to line.

Just wondered if there was some smart Helix shortcut of doing that as I try to keep my workflow the same on Helix 
    Could you snapshot the output between xlr and headphone out?
    The only way seems to be changing the big knob to XLR and turning it down... which is a pain in the arse because I set that to 1/4 for live with XLR going to FOH at line level and you can bet your arse I’m going to forget to change it back and spend half an hour at a gig going wtfffffff

Wish there was a way just to assign a footswitch to mute XLR outs for recording 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You can’t even enter Global Settings through Helix Edit either or I could just have used a mouse over at the mic instead of all that faffing
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Re Marketplace, I'm thinking it perhaps will see an end to free presets being posted on the Customtone pages by some of the better-regarded people out there e.g. Jason Sadites, Paul Hindmarsh et al. And in a way fair enough if so - they have every right to make a bit of money from what they do. But perhaps end of an era there, all the same.

I have bought IR packs, and a couple of patches, from independent sellers on the web, and it was really very little bother to get them installed and working, so I'm not entirely convinced by the need for Marketplace. But again, fair enough, and we shall see how that goes.

New tuner - certainly an improvement (although I could use the old one well enough). I kind of wish they'd made it look a bit flasher, being shallow. However, this is nit-picking.
  • sratosrato Frets: 24
    I don't like this Marketplace at all.  Does that mean that L6 takes a percentage on the sales of the Marketplace suppliers?
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Cabicular said:
    Yeah, that’s one way but I usually have that tied to my 1/4 (sometimes I like to have an actual amp when recording bass or guitar making noise in the room for the sake of performance) and the XLR set to line.

Just wondered if there was some smart Helix shortcut of doing that as I try to keep my workflow the same on Helix 
    The only way seems to be changing the big knob to XLR and turning it down... which is a pain in the arse because I set that to 1/4 for live with XLR going to FOH at line level and you can bet your arse I’m going to forget to change it back and spend half an hour at a gig going wtfffffff

Are you able to take a split before the end and seperate XLR and USB outs?
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2462
    srato said:
    I don't like this Marketplace at all.  Does that mean that L6 takes a percentage on the sales of the Marketplace suppliers?
    I'm pretty sure not but don't quote me on that. I think the idea is to stop people getting ripped off. I have heard of people buying presets that are slightly modified versions of existing presets. Not strictly Helix or anything Line 6 related but it can happen. This way, you can be sure they are coming from a source that Line 6 determine as genuine and, well, good. With the market suddenly becoming flooded with people selling preset packs I think it's good to have "approved" sources. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It’s tits on a bull to me tbh 
  • Cabicular said:
    Cabicular said:

Are you able to take a split before the end and seperate XLR and USB outs?
    Oooh let me check that idea
  • welshboyo said:
    As long as the firmware updates remain free (As always promised...)
    That's the plan.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • gibsongretschfangibsongretschfan Frets: 1050
    edited October 2018
    welshboyo said:
    That's the plan.
    Is that you saying that there will be amps and effects we need to pay for in future then or do you see them as part of firmware updates?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    2.7 is excellent! 

The tuner is superb, it actually matches the one on the helix control much better now.

i swear it sounds better now too, my IR’s seem to sound a bit richer, could be purely psychological though! 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    DI did say 2.7 was controversial 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sgosden said:
    DI did say 2.7 was controversial 
    Controversially good! 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7699
    It's not just presets - it's an easier way to get custom IRs as well.

I can't see them doing paid-for amp/effects models. That'd be pretty much the opposite of the way they've always done things, 
    I agree with this - Line6 always seem to have done the "right thing" - you can tell they love their products and their community of customers, paid-for models would fly so much in the face of this there's no way that's the plan 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7699
    welshboyo said:
    That's the plan.
    Is that you saying that there will be amps and effects we need to pay for in future then or do you see them as part of firmware updates?
    Those firmware updates are what contain the new models - so no that's not what he's saying :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    I think we probably will see some paid content, maybe amp models and cabs from licensed developers. 

Its a pretty exciting concept, imagine if companies like EH, Boss, Peavey, Marshall etc get onboard. I’m all for it and monetising the potential of the unit will just grow the unit.

timmysoft said:
    I think we probably will see some paid content, maybe amp models and cabs from licensed developers. 

Its a pretty exciting concept, imagine if companies like EH, Boss, Peavey, Marshall etc get onboard. I’m all for it and monetising the potential of the unit will just grow the unit.

I also get the feeling that is what is being lined up here (pun intended)
  • It's not just presets - it's an easier way to get custom IRs as well.

I can't see them doing paid-for amp/effects models. That'd be pretty much the opposite of the way they've always done things, and they've got an awful lot of goodwill in the community that they won't want to waste. There would be no need for it from a financial standpoint, because they've got a full hardware roadmap (so they're constantly selling new units), and by the time they've exhausted the hardware possibilities they'll be releasing Helix v2.

Always done things in the Helix era. Prior to this there were paid expansion packs for past Line 6 products.

That said I do believe that they’ll continue to update the core stuff free.
  • Cabicular said:
    timmysoft said:

Yeah like I said I don’t think they’ve done an entire update called “The Marketplace” just for a few presets and IR’s. If it means there will be a flood of 3rd party amp models then cool, great! If it means paying for the next Line 6 amp creations then hmmmmm possibly. To be honest I’m pretty happy as is so whatever
    Cabicular said:
    timmysoft said:

Yeah like I said I don’t think they’ve done an entire update called “The Marketplace” just for a few presets and IR’s. If it means there will be a flood of 3rd party amp models then cool, great! If it means paying for the next Line 6 amp creations then hmmmmm possibly. To be honest I’m pretty happy as is so whatever
    My worry is they adopt the AmpliTube Custom shop model.
    so you want a Dirty Shirley model? Buy from the Friedman collection
    I kind of get it would be a way to ‘placate’ the amp manufactures but I’m not sure I would like it..